Transparent glass ball and magic sphere

xmario

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes I did. But When I apply Glow... what should I put at Brightness and Contrast? 

I haven't used Brightness and Contrast, but you can try it.

I think your image has a bigger size than my. "Gaussian blur radius 10" is not enough for your picture. Shine on your picture is not enough blur.

Try to change the color of the shine. Maybe it's too bright?

Edited by xmario

Absolutely fascinating. I did a turn at it but it didn't turn out so hot. I want to put one here that'll look like a glass ball rather than a poor facsimile.

I'm going back to try again. Some of the ones I see here are seriously good!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you!! blush.gif The outcome will be even better if you apply a Gaussian blur and gradients. But it is impossible to write a universal tutorial. It's all very individually.

These are some examples that are made only Gaussian blur

Thanks for this great tut!

These are all excellent examples based on your tutorial. The red glass sphere is particularly brilliant! The red ball seem to have a couple additions that the blue ball tut doesn't have. Can you share any tips on how you made the red ball and especially how you achieved the very realistic central transparent area?

Great Stuff !

Can you share any tips on how you made the red ball and especially how you achieved the very realistic central transparent area?

It's all done with Gaussian blur. Unfortunately it is hard to formalise. blush.gif Just try to supplement the blue ball fit details. And glow beneath the red ball looks better. Try to experiment! crazy.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...