Sid's Gallery (Updated 15/03/2011)

Siddek

Thanx a lot guys........ starting a new Sig with both my sons in and will post when done.....:-)

yeah i know but its how my friends wanted it. If i make the edges smoother then the effect of shadow behind looks blured if you have any ideas how to stop this i am ready to listen...........

Will post again soon and i am planning to enter some of the competions on here soon........... so look out lol :-)

Have fun and enjoy life............. Siddek

sig10.jpg

[
] <--- Still new to this so soz for mistakes lol
:)

I always start with the image 4 times the finished size. So if I want a sig 500 x 200 I start with a 2000 x 800 canvas.

Put any shapes, text, objects, renders etc on a new layer (often helps to label the layers).

Once your text is on a new layer, Gaussian Blur @ 2. You could also try AA Assistant & Feather.

Now you can do the drop shadow on the text.

Sometimes I find it best to duplicate the layer, run Silhouette on the bottom layer. Rectangle select the bottom text or image, press the 'm' key on your keyboard (shortcut for "Move"), press the arrow key on the direction you want the text to go. This will move it one pixel at a time. If you hold down the CTRL key + press the arrow key, it will move by 10 pixels.

You can then use True Blur or Gaussian Blur to give a better shadow. To see this in action take a look here.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I like this sig but the elements are a bit too close to the left & right hand edge. Bring them in a bit. It also leaves it a bit bare in the centre.

I know in school we were always taught to fill up the whole page & take everything to the edge but good design says otherwise. Take a look at some of the classier well-know advertisements or signs. You should be able to see what I mean.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

congratulations with your son!! I am pregnant myself, also a boy :) my due date is 4th of august :)

Nice images by the way :)

well congratulations and i hope he is healthy 10 fingers 10 toes :)

dont worry it will really go fast, from april.......

Thanx for all your replys

Edited by Siddek

sig10.jpg

[
] <--- Still new to this so soz for mistakes lol
:)