Paint.net OlderVersion Archive?

ThumpieBunnyEve

As the topic indicates,

Where can you download older versions of Paint.net?

For:

Testing,

Archival,

Historical comparison,

Unrest with the swing away from XP,

Service Pack release incompatibilities,

Use of Older now incompatible plug-ins,

Linuix Wine,

Or any reason under the sun.

It should be noted for those who wish to use older versions of paint.net that they do so without support.

But they should be welcomed to do so none the less, through provision of a download archive.

A "Sticky/Pinned" topic mirrored by a Moderator, should reflect any answers to the question poised here please.

Or included in the FAQ Sticky/pinned topic.

An update has ruined my ability to use Paint.net,

There was no warning that the update would not be compatible with my version of XP.

I am not sure if i have the original install file I used in early 2009. (Still searching right now)

I am not changing OS, just for Paint.Net, So it has rather violently pulled itself out from under me.

It's now broken and useless, with no warning or chance to have prevented this failure.

The current hosted version does not run nor install on my machine.

I am very upset about this.

This is not typical behavior for programs installed on a pc.

I've lost functionality without warning, due to idealism, a lack of warnings, and the narrow focused march of progress.

Please where can I download older versions of paint.net : (

<snip>

Forum topic saved to to HD.

Edited by pyrochild

Excerpt of the forum Rules:

8) Do not ask for older versions of Paint.NET... ... We will not provide download links for them --

you are on your own to find them (hint: try a search engine).

That is an impressively biased stance for the forum to take, steeped in idealism.

Nor does it change the reality that the program broke itself, out from beneath me.

The stance of the forum rules, leaves me with no defined alternative,

without forwarding unreasonable requests (Go Buy the latest OS or get out of the boat!) : (

<snip>

on the Right hand side, is a older version list. I am in the process of downloading the entire set. I plan to zip the archive of older versions, and host them myself, in addition to what ever other places provide them already. (should my allotment bandwidth permit.)

Thank you for your feedback Sarkut.

Edited by pyrochild

8) Do not ask for older versions of Paint.NET... ... We will not provide download links for them --

you are on your own to find them (hint: try a search engine).

Honestly, you should have XP SP3 by now anyway. It's free.

Closed

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

That is an impressively biased stance for the forum to take, steeped in idealism.

No it's not. It's a stance based on our right to minimize the amount of time we waste trying to help people who turn out to have older versions, on problems that are already fixed.

Nor does it change the reality that the program broke itself, out from beneath me.

I highly doubt that.

The stance of the forum rules, leaves me with no defined alternative,

Oh you mean other than to fix your computer? And your attitude?

without forwarding unreasonable requests (Go Buy the latest OS or get out of the boat!) : (

Take off your aluminum hat. SP3 for XP is free.

I am in the process of downloading the entire set. I plan to zip the archive of older versions, and host them myself, in addition to what ever other places provide them already. (should my allotment bandwidth permit.)

Good luck with that.

Forum topic saved to to HD.

So? It's in Google Cache too, ya know. Stop trying to outsmart the Internet.

Anyway, you're complaining and complaining and complaining about something I've given you for FREE. What a self-righteous, self-entitled attitude you have! Not even the briefest "thanks" before you launch into a tirade about how awful everything is and how right you are.

You sir, are banned from this forum. Get out of here, you ungrateful snot.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg