Drop down menu options are white text... ???

rogue_77

menu.png

I've been using Paint .net for awhile now as an alternative to the beast Adobe. I like it for the most part.

But I first got it when it was like 2.62 I think and just upgraded to 2.72 today, hoping to fix this problem.

I'm not sure the picture will show up, but basically I've had this problem since I started using it and its a bit more then a minor annoyance and have NO idea whats causing it.

The problem is the drop down menus(File, Edit, Image, etc), all the menu options are transparent until I mouse over one, then the letters turn black. The menu options text color MAY be white and just blend into the menu color. The options I can't use are grayed out.

I don't see any options or preferences to change the menu text setting.

I'm using a laptop and when I tilt the screen I can see the menu options text is white.

Thats about the only bug I've run into. If you at all care I could post some recommendations but not sure you care about that.

All in all I love the program, very slick.

PS - I previewed and maybe you have to click the image and hit 'View Image' to see it.

I know Windows allows you to change your themes menu font color. It's possible that this was somehow changed to white. To check, try this:

Right-click on your desktop

Select Properties

Go under the Appearance tab and click the Advanced button

When the new window opens, select Menu from the Item dropdown

The second row is labeled Font. Check the Color drop-down, the third column from the left. If the color on the button is white, then there's your problem. Change it to black or something dark, and your menu options should be visible.

If it's not white in the box there, then I'm not immediately sure what's causing this.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

• 2 weeks later...