MKT

Shape3D (2007-08-24) [Updated August 2017]

Sorry to bump this thread. But this plugin is the biz! I love it, even though the interface is mindblowing. I hope when 4.0 arrives this will still run.   :)

Go to the download page (first post in this thread, the link is titled "Download Page").

The top two buttons relate to Mediafire, and these are both broken.

Use either of the buttons for the "Mirror Site (from this website)". Both of these links are functioning as they should.

I could probably do this easier in Blender :P But for those who don't wanna leave Paint.NET it's pretty useful :D

I would assume that's why the plugin was developed - for those who don't want to leave Paint.NET to do something ;) 

Yes you could do this easier in blender, but I bet you can't do what welshie does as easily...

Both programs have their purposes and I really think they shouldn't be compared because they are made for something completely different. It's like saying "that albatross can probably fly easier than that fish, but for those fish who don't wanna become birds..." you get the picture.

Blender is a 3D rendering/animating program. Paint.net is a raster image editor/creator. I do pixel art easier in paint.net than in Blender kthx.

• Upvote 1

This is a really amazing plugin for paint.net! It makes your creations more realistic and three-dimensional. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for more realistic plugins and i'm sure they'd agree on what I've already said.

Feedback_zps854c6f85.jpg

Edited by Crimden

Gee, how am I gonna install all these plugins! I WANT THEM ALL!!!!!

Start using paint.net with only the plugins it comes with, then go for the packs and the pinned plugins, there is some top class effects on here, some will blow your mind. I need to do a clean out really, I have 500+ plugins, quite a lot that I never use. Only install what you think may be of great use, then grab other plugins when you need them :D

And most of all - Enjoy the power of paint.net ;)

This is one of my favorite Paint.NET plugins. I used this to make the planets in this video clip. Everything was made with Paint.NET, except the star field..

post-140007-0-34318500-1422192450_thumb.

At the bottom of the UI for this plugin is the button to save whichever XML settings you are using at the time so that you do not have to re-enter all the values again. I have used it a lot in the past and have quite a few XML files saved for when I need them.

However just now I tried to save an XML file for Seerose`s new Egg tut but Paint.Net crashed immediately and I was told that PDN `had encountered an unhandled exception and must close'. I never even had a chance to save my progress.

This has happened three times now. Is this the plugin at fault or v4.05 of PDN?

I get the same Goonfella, I tried to load a pre pdn V4 XML to encounter the same problem, just the same with saving a new XML.  :/

Edited by DrewDale

At the bottom of the UI for this plugin is the button to save whichever XML settings you are using at the time so that you do not have to re-enter all the values again. I have used it a lot in the past and have quite a few XML files saved for when I need them.

However just now I tried to save an XML file for Seerose`s new Egg tut but Paint.Net crashed immediately and I was told that PDN `had encountered an unhandled exception and must close'. I never even had a chance to save my progress.

This has happened three times now. Is this the plugin at fault or v4.05 of PDN?

If you read the crash log, it will tell you that Shape3D is trying to use an resource object (PaintDotNet.PdnInfo) that is no longer available in the PaintDotNet.Resources dll file.

Always a good idea to 'Show Details' and copy the crash log.

Hidden Content:

This text file was created because paint.net crashed. Please e-mail this to crashlog4@getpaint.net so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Application version: paint.net 4.0.5 (Final 4.5.5454.39504)

Time of crash: 2/20/2015 10:12:43 PM

Application uptime: 00:00:18.5079679

Application state: Running

Working set: 111,712 KiB

Threads: 20

Install directory: C:\Program Files\paint.net

Current directory: C:\Program Files\paint.net

OS Version: 6.3.9600.0 Workstation x64

.NET version: CLR 4.0.30319.34209 x64, FX 4.0 4.5

Processor: 4x "Intel® Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz" @ ~2394MHz (DEP, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4_1, SSE4_2, XSAVE)

Physical memory: 8104 MB

Video card: Intel® HD Graphics Family (v:8086, d:A16, r:11), Microsoft Basic Render Driver (v:1414, d:8C, r:0)

Hardware acceleration: True (default: True)

UI animations: True

UI DPI: 240.00 dpi (2.50x scale)

UI theme: Aero/Aero + DWM (Aero.msstyles)

Updates: True, 2/20/2015

Locale: pdnr.c: en-US, hklm: en-US, hkcu: en-US, cc: en-US, cuic: en-US

Flags:

Exception details:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.PdnInfo' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Resources, Version=4.5.5454.39504, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at Shape3D.EffectPluginConfigDialog.save_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

So PaintDotNet.PdnInfo from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Resources' is missing. And Rick has to tell if he is able/willing to readd the class.

I did small changes once for personal usage but I'm not sure that we can publish it here.

No it`s not dead. You can still use it but you just can`t save any new settings or use saved ones. You have to enter them all over again manually. I think until this problem is fixed the best option, though a bit long winded I know, is to keep a record of any settings you are going to need again using Notepad and saving it somewhere convenient on your PC.

At least you won`t have to try and remember them again. Just refer to the file you saved.

• Upvote 1