How to Install Plugins ×

Shape3D (2007-08-24) [Bug Fixed September 2023]

MKT

I have just checked and dual screen is not configured! I'm totally baffled. Thank you all for being so patient with me, and Thanks Pyrochild, using Alt+F4 really helps, at least I don't lose all the work I have done up to the point of using this plugin. It's obviously something to do with my main pc as I also have a laptop running on the XP OS and this plugin works great on there, as it does on my son's laptop which is also Vista Home Premium OS. Maybe my pc, being about 2 years old needs a good service?

• 3 months later...

This plugin looks great, but unfortunately, I can't get it to work...

Whenever I try to useShape3D, it gives me this error message: "This plugin has encountered an error, and must be closed."

Pressing the Error Details button gives me this:

File: C:\Program\Paint.NET\Effects\Shape3D.dll
     Effect Name: Shape3D.EffectPlugin
     Full error message: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Det gick inte att initiera konfigurationssystemet ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Okänt konfigurationsavsnitt system.serviceModel. (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config line 135)
  vid System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
  vid System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
  vid System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
  vid System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.EnsureInit(String configKey)
  --- Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag ---
  vid System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.EnsureInit(String configKey)
  vid System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.PrepareClientConfigSystem(String sectionName)
  vid System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.RefreshConfig(String sectionName)
  vid System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.RefreshSection(String sectionName)
  vid System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
  vid System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
  vid System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
  vid System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
  vid System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
  vid System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
  vid System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
  vid Shape3D.Shape3D_DefaultData.get_AxisSelect()
  vid Shape3D.EffectPluginConfigToken..ctor()
  vid Shape3D.EffectPluginConfigDialog.InitialInitToken()
  vid PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectConfigDialog.Constructor() i D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Effects\EffectConfigDialog.cs:rad 112
  vid PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectConfigDialog..ctor() i D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Effects\EffectConfigDialog.cs:rad 106
  vid Shape3D.EffectPluginConfigDialog..ctor()
  vid Shape3D.EffectPlugin.CreateConfigDialog()
  vid PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) i D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:rad 799

Edit: Having some programming experience, I thought I'd look through the error report and see if I could find the problem, only to discover it automaticly translated everything to Swedish/Norse...

Edited by Frubban

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Edit: Having some programming experience, I thought I'd look through the error report and see if I could find the problem, only to discover it automaticly translated everything to Swedish/Norse...

LOL

Now THAT is funny

SamusSig-1.png

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Genius Picaso

Can you say download

Edit by EER: Yes, I can say download. I can also say SPAMMER. Try using this forum as a promtional tool again and I'll introduce you to the term BANNED.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this thread. But this plugin is the biz! I love it, even though the interface is mindblowing. I hope when 4.0 arrives this will still run.   :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I could probably do this easier in Blender :P But for those who don't wanna leave Paint.NET it's pretty useful :D

I would assume that's why the plugin was developed - for those who don't want to leave Paint.NET to do something ;) 

swIFX9v.png

Yes you could do this easier in blender, but I bet you can't do what welshie does as easily...

Both programs have their purposes and I really think they shouldn't be compared because they are made for something completely different. It's like saying "that albatross can probably fly easier than that fish, but for those fish who don't wanna become birds..." you get the picture.

Blender is a 3D rendering/animating program. Paint.net is a raster image editor/creator. I do pixel art easier in paint.net than in Blender kthx.

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 1 month later...

@TheChildCody:  In English please.  See Forum rule #22, which can be found here: Forum Rules

• 1 month later...

Too much for this noob!

sgs0xgu.png

I play lots of Minecraft, (Minecraft.net), only 'creative mode' though. View my 'builds' and other stuff here: planetminecraft.com/member/fighterbear12  :smile:

• 9 months later...

This is a really amazing plugin for paint.net! It makes your creations more realistic and three-dimensional. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for more realistic plugins and i'm sure they'd agree on what I've already said.

Feedback_zps854c6f85.jpg

Edited by Crimden

• 10 months later...

Gee, how am I gonna install all these plugins! I WANT THEM ALL!!!!!

Start using paint.net with only the plugins it comes with, then go for the packs and the pinned plugins, there is some top class effects on here, some will blow your mind. I need to do a clean out really, I have 500+ plugins, quite a lot that I never use. Only install what you think may be of great use, then grab other plugins when you need them :D

And most of all - Enjoy the power of paint.net ;)

BREtKQW.png

• 2 months later...

This is one of my favorite Paint.NET plugins. I used this to make the planets in this video clip. Everything was made with Paint.NET, except the star field..

post-140007-0-34318500-1422192450_thumb.

Plane_Sig2.gif

• 4 weeks later...

At the bottom of the UI for this plugin is the button to save whichever XML settings you are using at the time so that you do not have to re-enter all the values again. I have used it a lot in the past and have quite a few XML files saved for when I need them.

However just now I tried to save an XML file for Seerose`s new Egg tut but Paint.Net crashed immediately and I was told that PDN `had encountered an unhandled exception and must close'. I never even had a chance to save my progress.

This has happened three times now. Is this the plugin at fault or v4.05 of PDN?

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I get the same Goonfella, I tried to load a pre pdn V4 XML to encounter the same problem, just the same with saving a new XML.  :/

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png

At the bottom of the UI for this plugin is the button to save whichever XML settings you are using at the time so that you do not have to re-enter all the values again. I have used it a lot in the past and have quite a few XML files saved for when I need them.

However just now I tried to save an XML file for Seerose`s new Egg tut but Paint.Net crashed immediately and I was told that PDN `had encountered an unhandled exception and must close'. I never even had a chance to save my progress.

This has happened three times now. Is this the plugin at fault or v4.05 of PDN?

If you read the crash log, it will tell you that Shape3D is trying to use an resource object (PaintDotNet.PdnInfo) that is no longer available in the PaintDotNet.Resources dll file.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab