How to Install Plugins ×

Shape3D (2007-08-24) [Bug Fixed September 2023]

MKT

This is an awesome plugin. If there was a way to make it so the sphere could be made aymmetric (so you could have a round top half and a elongated bottom), there'd be a lot of happy chemists about...

(trying to find a simple orbital maker is a pain).

Load attached file in shape3d.

Easiest egg shape in shape3d.

egg.zip

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I have no idea what is that :P

But I'm glad it worked out :D

Ha ha! Should have explained - it's a diagram of some interactions in a metal cluster.

Probably doesn't make it any clearer, but the important thing is that it's a shiny picture...

In fact, it does exactly what your signiture line picture says and saves me writing it up for a paper.

[/nobel prize win]

• 2 weeks later...

Did a search for Shape3d and only came up with an someone's installation problem.

My problem, is that every time I use the Shape3D effect, it works fine , makes a neat shape, but, it freezes PDN up.

Only way I can retain the image is to use a screen picture maker thingy(FastStoneCapture) because the only way to get PDN to do anything is to shut it down via task manager which then you lose the shape pic.

I tried several times at deleting the effect and re-downloading it, but to no avail.

Currently using PDN ver. 3.10

EDIT:

Just updated to v. 3.22 and the effect still freezes up PDN... bummer

IMHO this should be included with Paint.NET - that is if you could contact the author. :(

Author hasn't been around for quite a while.

I know. The writer of probably the best plugin only posted in that thread.

I can contact him, but I won't bother MKT unless later version of PDN breaks it.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I can contact him, but I won't bother MKT unless later version of PDN breaks it.

But IMHO this should be included in pdn - especially as many new users never bother with plugins.

I completely agrea with you. This is a fantastic pluck in.

But for this to happen; i gees Rick has to get permission from MKT, and a copy of the codes. And someone (Rick?) has to take responsibilities for maintaining this plug in, if needed.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Am wondering if there is something needed to make shape 3d plugin work. It keeps freezing the main program. Have tried various ways including 3 different machines, completely new installs of windows xp pro and paint.net. Also tried both working downloads. All 31 other plugins work great, just having problems with this one. I also see others have the same problem, I am searching for an solution.

Well, I'm glad to see someone else has the same problem.
Oh, that's nice... :P

Unfortunately, the developer of Shape3D has not been on the forum in quite a long time. What version of Paint.NET are you using? When does it freeze? While loading the program? After enabling certain settings in Shape3D? Immediately after clicking Shape3D in the Effects menu?

sabrown: Games use hardware renderers. Shape3D uses a software renderer, so unless the processor is faulty, it's not that.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

That's rather extreme....

Perhaps try running it in Safe Mode?

Use Google or your preferred search engine to look up how to start your computer in Safe mode, as I don't remember off-hand.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Well, I'm glad to see someone else has the same problem.
Oh, that's nice... :P

Unfortunately, the developer of Shape3D has not been on the forum in quite a long time. What version of Paint.NET are you using? When does it freeze? While loading the program? After enabling certain settings in Shape3D? Immediately after clicking Shape3D in the Effects menu?

sabrown: Games use hardware renderers. Shape3D uses a software renderer, so unless the processor is faulty, it's not that.

I had all ready made a post in this topic stating that criteria (pg 39).

Next time I think about it, I'll try opening PDN i safe mode and see what happens. As far as reinstalling windoze? Yeah........right.