How to Install Plugins ×

Shape3D (2007-08-24) [Bug Fixed September 2023]

MKT

yes thanks i do change it, almost everytime I use the sphere, but wasj just curious why they didn't default x, y, z as well. I thought there might be some reason I don't follow.

also don't forget if you are using this plug in those buttons below the axis are more precise than dialing around the little circles.

Oma

xyz.png

and yes, i know the yellow doesnt go all the way through, dont bother me about it

"No. Dreaming is illegal."~Pyrochild

not true

whoever told you that was lying!

(no really, that persons lying)

red= z

yellow=x

blue=y

once you get in 3d, the way the axes face changes as well

yes, but all 3d objects ever conceived on a math basis use the way i showed, maybe the people making your 3d software are just ignorant to the axes position that you do in math...

yes, but all 3d objects ever conceived on a math basis use the way i showed, maybe the people making your 3d software are just ignorant to the axes position that you do in math...

Sorry, but no. Different applications* of coordinate systems often use different axes position, as well as reversing positive and negative values, having the origin in a different place, etc. For example, in your math class, you might be using Z as your vertical axis, whereas many 3D modeling programs will use a Y-vertical orientation. Within the 3D graphics world, there are also what are called "right-hand" and "left-hand" coordinate systems. In one, as the depth axis increases, the point moves farther away from you, whereas in the other, increasing the same value in the coordinate moves the point closer to you**. It all depends on the application. My point is, there is no right or wrong way to orient your axes, as long as you do it consistently.

*as in 'use', not 'program'

**or something like that...

EDIT: A brief gander at the Wikipedia article for the Cartesian coordinate system shows that there are many ways to orient the axes.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Everybody, Thenk you.

About the rotation axis of default.

"Eulerian angle" (Three rotation axes)

There is a pattern of 12.

1. Z-Y-Z

2. Z-X-Z

3. Y-Z-Y

4. Y-X-Y

5. X-Z-X

6. X-Y-X

7. X-Y-Z

8. Y-Z-X

9. Z-X-Y

10. Z-Y-X

11. Y-X-Z

12. X-Z-Y

Y-X-Y was the best for me.

But, Please change to the setting of your favor and use it.

About The coordinate system of this plug-in.

EDIT :

I'm Sorry.

I was misunderstanding it.

It corrects it as soon as possible.

You can texture it with ANYTHING, but it is not a real Model-thing... Remember.

Redcap, this plugin does not handle normal/bump maps any different than any other texture(no special lighting effects). I think that is what Stephan was trying to say.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Good free 3D program = Blender

Good free easy 3D program = Anim8or

And if you dont like those, another good free easy but not as powerful = googles sketchup

I'm still alive!

Gah, I just cant do anything with blender, I don't get the interface at all, I'm much too used to GTK Radiant now.

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

No, these programs they have posted are actual 3D modeling programs, through which you can add materials (textures) to true 3D meshes.

With Shape 3D, you could always try to align your layer contents beforehand so that Shape 3D transforms the layer with each piece on it's own side how you want it, but I've little idea of how. I've not used that plugin much myself.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Hmm...I'm off to find a blender tutorial. I've had a long-time dream of doing a heavy metal/aeon flux type animation synced to Stone Temple Pilots' "Core" CD...might actually be possible these days.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png