MKT

Shape3D (2007-08-24) [Bug Fixed September 2019]

I don't know if this has been posted before, but what I would like to see in future releases of Shape3D is a function which allows you to control the lighting - by this I mean, control WHERE the lighting is coming from.

But for now, at least we can control the STRENGTH of the light! :)

You can. Scroll downward on the UI. :-)

Oh, and I think MKT has abandoned the plugin...though I'm not sure. Haven't seen him around in a while...

You can. Scroll downward on the UI. :-)

Oh, and I think MKT has abandoned the plugin...though I'm not sure. Haven't seen him around in a while...

Oh yes, you can! Sorry for my stupidity. The x, y and z axis control the lighting!

I hope he hasn't abondoned it - profile says MKT's last visit was in September 07

I think he is taking a long, deserved break from it; he did show concern for his well-being whilst coding this. There was his comments on it and also a topic that Ash created asking us forumites about his future running on the plugin.

Ah-ha:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20252

Speaking of his profile, it must be slightly, shall we say, broken, as the top of page 33 disproves that his last visit was the 12th of September...

Hi. Iv'e had the same problem with the 3d plugin. Every time i use it, it creates a 3d shape with no contorl options and freezes paint.net with no option but to ctrl+alt+delete. Ive also unistalled all paint.net files and programs and I have used windows clean up and then reinstalled everything. I have had a working 3d plugin before but my computer crased and i had to start over from scratch. Just thought I would post my problem and see if there are any thoughts on what is wrong. Thanks.

System Stats

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name VANI

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

System Model Presario V3000 (EZ674UA#ABA)

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 72 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1607 Mhz

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 72 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1607 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Phoenix F.07, 6/22/2006

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 87.99 MB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 1.03 GB

One guy have shape3d working after reinstalling windows, if all else fails....give it a try.

Since only a few people is having problems with shpae3d, it's safe to say: might not be a problem with the plugin, might be your system.

Ive tried the 3d plugin using various images as well as just a blank white canvas, Paint.NET freezes before there is even an option to manipulate the image using the 3dplugin controls.

Is there a pdncrash.log on your desktop? If so, post it.

it says that the plugin has been taken off that website!! is there a newer version? or else I can't get it :cry::cry:

Please read the 1st post again, MKT's site still have the file.

it says that the plugin has been taken off that website!! is there a newer version? or else I can't get it :cry::cry:

My daughter got paint.net recently and we tried to download the plugin. The link does take you to his website but when you click on the file it takes you to MediaFire where you get this message: (The quickkey you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire).

My daughter got paint.net recently and we tried to download the plugin. The link does take you to his website but when you click on the file it takes you to MediaFire where you get this message: (The quickkey you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire).

There are 4 links and 2 are linked to MediaFire, Don't click on those 2, click on the links with file hosted on MKT's site.

There are 4 links and 2 are linked to MediaFire, Don't click on those 2, click on the links with file hosted on MKT's site.

Um... maybe you forget, but you're a mod. Why don't you just edit out the bad links so people stop complaining that the links don't work?

Um... maybe you forget, but you're a mod. Why don't you just edit out the bad links so people stop complaining that the links don't work?

Good point, done.

However, what I was saying is about the 4 links on MKT's site.

Thanks. :)

this is awsome :D even though ive not fully grasped how to use it i will master it soon :D this will help in many things :) it seems complicated but im starting to understand. you have the shape you want. the desired rotation and all the other things. ive just downloaded it and i might try to make a rubiks cube in it :)

this is awsome :D even though ive not fully grasped how to use it i will master it soon :D this will help in many things :) it seems complicated but im starting to understand. you have the shape you want. the desired rotation and all the other things. ive just downloaded it and i might try to make a rubiks cube in it :)

R3VENGE, please read the forum rule saying that the amount of images in your sig must not be larger than 500px. Your sig has two images which when combined have a height larger than 500px.

i will master it soon :D

When you do, let me know.

I haven't fully master yet... :? :)