How to Install Plugins ×

Shape3D (2007-08-24) [Bug Fixed September 2023]

MKT

This plugin haven`t worcked with me at any time. The program freezes. I must youse ctrl+alt+delet and shut i down. :cry: I have re-innstalled it!

Any tips?? Please!?

Now see :roll: :shock: ???

I totally uninstalled paint.net, ran diagnostics and clean up utilities. Then did a clean install, re-downloaded shape 3-D from the link in this thread. unzipped and placed in my effects folder 8) . This time still no screen, made the image into a ball, and froze the computer like always :twisted: . I even had another geek who does computer builds for a living check out my system and nada. I haven't had a problem with any other plug-in. I know this is weird, but also frustrating :twisted: !!

I moved away from this for a bit and played with the animated rain tut to make sure I wasn't crazy, no problems with any other plug-in the last couple of days. :lol:

I have done the same moves as you, and got the same result...

- Olm1303

If you look under the download link in this thread, you'll see - ohmaigawsh - another download link! One that's not from MediaFire!

Yeah, thanks Pyro :| . But I didn't use the mediafire link because it says its a dead link!! I did use the other one 8) .

Contrary to what some may think, I may be fairly new to paint.net but not to computers :roll: . Plus I wouldn't have asked for help BUT this is the only plug-in that hasn't worked for me. And that is beyond frustrating :twisted: . Thank you to everyone who has been trying to puzzle this out :D !!

If you look under the download link in this thread, you'll see - ohmaigawsh - another download link! One that's not from MediaFire!

ohmaigawsh! My bad.... But you sound a little Elite-ish....

ohmaigawsh!

The old version of the red text in my sig: "pyrochild does bite and is not responsible if provoked"

Just so you know.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Hey, you two. Get back on-topic, please. Pyrochild was trying for some levity, which obviously didn't work. He's a nice guy. I don't want to see any fights going on here.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Glad to hear. Sorry for the misunderstanding! :-D

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

am I missing something or is the website that was hosting this (the author's website) unreachable as well? I cannot seem to get a download link (or even text) with either Opera or IE. Has anyone else tried? Can someone else post this plugin?

Thanks!

Just tested http://mkt.t-cat.biz/pdn/3.htm#3 and it works perfectly... (try Firefox ;))

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

~Dr. Seuss

• 1 month later...

I believe that this plug-in will need to be updated for the new version of paint.net. when I used it with v.3.20 , and then again with v. 3.22 the user interface never came up. it just rendered a sphere. after it gave me a sphere, every time I hit anything it just beeped ( like the interface was onscreen and I hadn't hit OK)

... I hope that explanation made sense...

I believe that this plug-in will need to be updated for the new version of paint.net. when I used it with v.3.20 , and then again with v. 3.22 the user interface never came up. it just rendered a sphere. after it gave me a sphere, every time I hit anything it just beeped ( like the interface was onscreen and I hadn't hit OK)

... I hope that explanation made sense...

Works fine for me. What are your system statistics?

Here's an update. My computer got a nasty virus :evil: , despite AVG so had to do a complete re-install of my programs :cry: , (TG I had just backed up my data 8) ) and now shape 3-D works fine :D !! I will post my flower in realistic flower tutorial as soon as I finish it. yea!!! perseverance does pay off :D 8) :lol: !

I don't know if this has been posted before, but what I would like to see in future releases of Shape3D is a function which allows you to control the lighting - by this I mean, control WHERE the lighting is coming from.

But for now, at least we can control the STRENGTH of the light! :)

You can. Scroll downward on the UI. :-)

Oh, and I think MKT has abandoned the plugin...though I'm not sure. Haven't seen him around in a while...

You can. Scroll downward on the UI. :-)

Oh, and I think MKT has abandoned the plugin...though I'm not sure. Haven't seen him around in a while...

Oh yes, you can! Sorry for my stupidity. The x, y and z axis control the lighting!

I hope he hasn't abondoned it - profile says MKT's last visit was in September 07

I think he is taking a long, deserved break from it; he did show concern for his well-being whilst coding this. There was his comments on it and also a topic that Ash created asking us forumites about his future running on the plugin.

Ah-ha:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20252

Speaking of his profile, it must be slightly, shall we say, broken, as the top of page 33 disproves that his last visit was the 12th of September...

Hi. Iv'e had the same problem with the 3d plugin. Every time i use it, it creates a 3d shape with no contorl options and freezes paint.net with no option but to ctrl+alt+delete. Ive also unistalled all paint.net files and programs and I have used windows clean up and then reinstalled everything. I have had a working 3d plugin before but my computer crased and i had to start over from scratch. Just thought I would post my problem and see if there are any thoughts on what is wrong. Thanks.

What are your system statistics?

System Stats

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name VANI

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

System Model Presario V3000 (EZ674UA#ABA)

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 72 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1607 Mhz

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 72 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1607 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Phoenix F.07, 6/22/2006

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 87.99 MB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 1.03 GB