• Yellowman
    • Sokagirl
    • CSM725
    • J D Melek
    • Possum Roadkill

[

WOTW # 20 Made from paper.

Winner is Possum Roadkill

WOTW Comp Rules: All submissions must be created in Paint.net with the exception of renders and stock photos when allowed.

All images must be submitted as a thumbnail link to the full size image. DO NOT POST FULL SIZE IMAGES!

Minimum size is 800 X 600. There is no maximum size, but keep in mind that people will want to look at your image

and if it takes too long to load, they may not look at it.

When Theme Rules allow, you must post a link to any stocks, renders, images or parts of images

you did not create in Paint.net, i.e. fractals created in a fractal generator program.

NO PLACEHOLDERS Do not post an entry until it is a finished product. NO WIPS !

Obviously you cannot use the stocks or renders as your entire submission, so the majority of your image should be

created in Paint.net. As stated in the WOTW rules, you must provide a link to any and all stocks or renders used.

Special rule # 5. Do not anger the Possum.

WOTW # 20 Made from paper. - Theme Rules. Please read this !

Theme is "Made from paper"

Do you remember back when you were in grade school (primary or elementary school) and you were given construction paper, paste, and those rounded scissors and got to make something to hang on the wall to decorate your classroom? Ah yes, those were the days.....For most of you, it wasn’t that long ago. For me it was over a hundred years or so it seems.....

You are to make an image of anything but it should look as if it’s been made from paper. This can be any kind of paper, construction paper, rice paper, parchment, notebook, etc. as long as it looks like it's been cut out and pasted together. You can use any color or colors of paper you wish.

Here is an example I made for the AOTW. I made this image of sunflowers so that they looked like they were made from crumpled paper.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Possum%20Art/PaperSunflowers.png

You can make any image you like as long as it # 1 looks like it was cut out of paper and pasted together, # 2 Made completely in Paint.net, no stocks or renders allowed for this week.

This is a very simple concept, but believe me, it’s not as easy to do. So, since this will be a more difficult competition than in the past, the entry period for this comp will be two weeks instead of the usual one week.[/color] Take your time, plan your image well, and produce the best image that you are capable of. Good luck !

Do not discuss this competition in this thread. If you have questions, comments or general comments about this comp,

post them in the discussion thread HERE

Entry Voting period for this competition will run through 7:00 p.m. Monday evening (June 7th 2010), U.S. Eastern Daylight Savings Time. All submissions entered up to this time will be allowed.

If you have any questions, post them in this thread or PM Possum Roadkill. I would be happy to help anyone interested.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

O.K. here goes..

newspaper table..tissue paper roses..crumpled paper walls and floor..woven paper rug..newspaper flower vase..cardboard light fitting..held together with paper tape...

think I've fully covered the theme..wouldn't you say :mrgreen:

regards j.d.

• 2 weeks later...

Entry period has closed for this competition. Poll will be up later.

Sorry I'm late. Life has been busy as of late. I guess I'm the winner. Thanks everyone. I'll try to have a new theme ready in a day or two. Runner up is Yellowman. Conratulations YM !

Edited by Possum Roadkill

OK I have a theme I think you will all enjoy, but first I must go get food ! :pizza: :pizza: :pizza::cookie: :cookie: :cookie: Not enough, need real food. BRB !