Pixel Competition #4 - Voting has ended!

Rubrica

Results!

Finally, the results are in. It's my pleasure to announce that, in joint second place with one vote each, it's pyrochild and PineappleQc!That means that, with an astounding nine votes, the winner is pdnnoob! Congratulations! Details for the next competition will be posted shortly.

Voting has begun!

At last, thanks to the oh-so-wonderful pdnnoob, we have enough entries to begin voting! So, here's how it's going to work. You can PM me with your vote if you wish to vote privately, or, in a slightly easier voting method to previous competitions, simply post here if you want people to know who you voted for. Sound good? Lovely! One thing, you CANNOT vote for yourself. Sorry.

Deadline: 30th of June, 2010

Welcome back to the Pixel Competition, as hosted by me and as sponsored by all those cute little pixels on the site. The theme this time is signs of the Zodiac! You must create an image, whether from scratch or using resources, that represents one or more of the signs of the Zodiac. Simple, no? Yes.

Rules

- Entries made before the contest are allowed, only if they were made a maximum of one month before, to keep your skills around the same as they are now. As well, if it has been entered into any Paint.NET forum contest before, it cannot enter this contest. Finally, it is encouraged that you make some slight modifications.

- Only one entry per person.

- Layers are allowed.

- Partial and full transparency is allowed (I used to frown on this, however I have since been persuaded)

- Any inspiration and stock (not that you're likely to be using stock images) must be linked to or otherwise given credit.

- MS Paint may NOT be used, I'm afraid. I know you could in competition #1, but you can't this time.

- No cheating! Naturally.

With that, I don't believe there is any further need for discussion, however if there is anything you wish to say, please move it to the discussion thread. It can be found here.

Edited by Rubrica

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

EDAyf.png

Yarrr. My first pixel art.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I know i'm late, but I've only just seen this thread...

Here's my entry, also my first pixel art (against the mighty Pyrochild? :/)

CSgQb.png

Can you see the scorpion? Yeah, me neither...

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

• 1 month later...

pixelartox.png

ox...enough said

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

YAY! At last, a third entry! With that, I feel better about closing the entry period; I will shortly be updating the OP with voting details. Without further adieu...

Locked!

Temporarily, anyway.

Changed, as I am allowing people to post their votes in this thread should they wish to vote publicly.

Edited by Rubrica

thanks for the votes, guys! In case you are all wondering, I voted for pyro (see "no voting for self" rule ;) )

牛 pdnnoob

I always wondered if it was supposed to be a cow or an ox. 牛 can mean both, so it's tough to decide :/ I always thought ox though. According to the whole story thing, the 牛 crossed a river, and I don't think cows swim well, so I'll say it's supposed to be an ox even though some english translations of the zodiac say cow :roll: Your Chinese myth education for the day lol XD

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Voting has already started, so you'll have to wait for the next pixel art competition to join. Welcome to the forums, though! Hope you have a good time and post lots of great work! I can't wait to see what you have in store for the rest of us ;) (and as a pixel art fan, I can't wait to see your entries too!)

Alright, Hey when is the next competition coming out???

@pdnnoob- I love pixel drawing, I used to use regular paint until I found this out so I feel in love with PDN. Here is one of my pixel arts done by pdn-->zvpr4k.png

Take to note this is not in the competition people.