How to use CustomBrushesMini

Gansqa

I gave up on the mini brush or any brush in PDN a long time ago. Brusheezy is not free and is difficult to navagate. The brushes I did manage to download and install when I went to use them I just could not figure out how a picture could be used as a brush,not the type of brush we are accustomed to. Although all the info on here makes it sound easy it is not and in the end not worth it in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Don't give up so easily, skullbonz! Just recently, null54 made a filetype plugin that allows you to open photoshop brush images to be saved as .png files. That means you can simply go to Deviantart.com and download photoshop brush packs and use them in paint.net!

I do agree with you, though...the custombrushesmini plugin is really more of a "custom stamps" plugin. All I really use it for is quick mass-pasting of a single colored image.

But really. It is a whole lot easier than you would think.

1. Install plugin

2. Download/make brushes

3. Move brushes to folder

4. Use brushes

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I really never gave up pdnnoob,just found ways around it. What I do miss from time to time is a spray paint tool but again there are ways around it.  ;)

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

• 4 months later...

Is there any way to replace the normal brush with a custom brush? Because I would more more prefer if the normal brush panting a solid color instead of its current... thing.

No there isn't.  The default tools are hard coded and unavailable for modification beyond their Tool Bar options.

• 1 year later...

9JqY3Ko.png
Why I can't open just a png? It is not see pngs in Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes in plugin.    

Oh. I fixed my problem.

Edited by Paj

• toe_head2001 changed the title to How to use CustomBrushesMini
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I'm using Paint.Net Portable and the plugin isn't working for me, nothing in Effects > Tools except for the other plugins I already had, and nothing in my Documents. Is there a way I can get this plugin working on Paint.Net Portable?

1 hour ago, FooxOfficial said:

Hi, I'm using Paint.Net Portable and the plugin isn't working for me, nothing in Effects > Tools except for the other plugins I already had, and nothing in my Documents. Is there a way I can get this plugin working on Paint.Net Portable?

Are you sure that the file CustomBrushesMini.dll located in the Effects folder located inside the folder Paint.Net Portable?

4 hours ago, FooxOfficial said:

s there a way I can get this plugin working on Paint.Net Portable?

Don't forget, you need to put these two into your Effects Folder:

SBCommon.dll AND CustomBrushesMini.dll

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.