Cool Tile Texture! (Easy)

Hi guys! This is my first tutorial, so it might not be the best, but it will be good!

Difficulty rating: 3/10: You'll need to know how to download and install plugins, use layers, and access said effects.

You will need the following Plugins:

Effects -> Distort -> Crystalize

Effects -> Height Field to Normal Map (You only need the HeightToNormal.dll)

Effects -> Distort -> Tile Reflection

Effects -> Erode/Dilate

You will need the following textures:

csm725's Cobblestone

1. Open a new canvas

2. Pick two colors that don't contrast that much, I chose dark blue and dark pink.

3. Run clouds at these settings:

T1-1.jpg

Scale: 800

Roughness: 0.25

The clouds will give us the two colors we want in our image, and spread it out randomly. It's great for making textures.

4. Effects->Distort->Crystalize at these settings:

T1-2.jpg

Size: 15-30

This will take the image and turn it into a crystal-like masterpiece. It's useful for many things, including textures, abstracts, etc etc.

5. Effects->Distort->Tile Reflection at these settings:

T1-3.jpg

Angle: 0.00

Tile size: 25

Curvature: 10

This will take our image and turn it into a shiny tiled floor. Very useful for making floors.

6. Duplicate the layer you just did all that stuff on, and run Height Field to Normal Map with these settings:

T1-4.jpg

Bumpiness: 7.02

Height Field to Normal Map (HF/NM) is the most useful plugin for textures in the world. It gives them depth, and more reality to the texture.

6.5. Set the layer blend mode to Overlay, and press Ctrl+Shift+G to make the HF/NM black and white. Merge the two layers.

7. csm725's Cobblestone Texture Tutorial on a new layer.

It's never a bad idea to try combining different textures, you never know what new texture you will get in return!

7.5. Set the layer blend mode to Overlay. Then run Tile Reflection with the same settings as you did the first time.

8. Merge the two layers. Your texture should now all be on one layer.

9. Duplicate your texture layer, and run Height Field to Normal Map again with same settings as before.

9.5. Press Ctrl+Shift+G to make the HF/NM B&W (black and white) again. Set the layer blend mode to Overlay. Merge the two layers again, and then you're done!

Here's what you should get, if you are following correctly:

T1-5.jpg

Here are some cool things you can make with my tile texture:

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp180/warfighter67/PaintDotNET%20Gallery/NoWayOutPNG.png http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp180/warfighter67/PaintDotNET%20Gallery/GoldSigPNG.png

Edited by Weylin

Thanks, Ego! This was my first tutorial, so I wasn't sure how it would go. Although it seems to be going pretty good, except for the fact that I forgot about one small rule :D

One more thing, Since i also resized the thumbnail images to 800 x 640, could I just have them in here as full-size images, or would I be better off just keeping them thumbnails?

One more thing, Since i also resized the thumbnail images to 800 x 640, could I just have them in here as full-size images, or would I be better off just keeping them thumbnails?

Your choice.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 1 month later...