Saving TIF files with bit depth 48

I'm scanning slides and saving them in the highest possible resolution (4000 dpi) and in the max supported bit depth (48 bit) .

Recently I needed to manipulate some files (basically mirror them -for now-). I'm new to Paint.NET and was happy to see that my files are indeed loaded OK. Mirroring works too but when I save the files back out, they are converted down to 32 bits (and what's strange: without any indication!!!).

Is there a way (or a plugin) that allows me to load, edit and save 48-bit TIF files or doesn't PAINT.NET support this in the first place???

Any suggestion is welcomed?

Paint.NET only works with 32-bit images that are 8-bits per color and alpha component. 48-bit images will be truncated to 24-bit, and then given an opaque alpha channel. No plugin can possibly change this.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Paint.NET only works with 32-bit images that are 8-bits per color and alpha component. 48-bit images will be truncated to 24-bit, and then given an opaque alpha channel. No plugin can possibly change this.

Oops... thanks Rick. Any chance this will ever be supported?? I had just chosen for Paint.NET after many years working with other tools. Didn't think about this one, now it comes back to hit me...