How to Install Plugins ×

Ed Harvey Effects v 5.0 (2022-12-24)

Ed Harvey

lol you removed textile right when I needed it XD any way I could get it back?

I agree, it was rubbish, but it has its uses...(I've used it once in my entry to the monthly realism competition ;) )

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks for the quick response! Needed it for the mosaic comp if you ever want to see what it can do ^^

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello!

This tool (s) is avesome. There is full of tools in all the categories and them are so smart and precisious.=O

And no speciall installing.

I give this tool 5 of 5 stars. :D

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Thank you!

Edited by KrisjanisP

• 9 months later...

For reasons presently unknown, the DNS listing for my domain has died :unimpressed:

Never mind, I've put up a new link - You should all be good to go :)

ed-sig2.png.3c040e8f8a7b22d05fbfbad8e5ea6994.png

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Great! Thank you very much Ed. I already see myself using the hexagon pixelation.

One question: What's the pdb file for?

I haven't seen it in your previous releases, there is no previous version in my effects folder and I can find no mention of it in this thread.

Xkds4Lh.png

Great! Thank you very much Ed. I already see myself using the hexagon pixelation.

One question: What's the pdb file for?

I haven't seen it in your previous releases, there is no previous version in my effects folder and I can find no mention of it in this thread.

The pdb file provides debug information if the plugin crashes.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 3 weeks later...

How do u keep the color using the halftone effect without going to black & white? Never mind. Just overlay over the original.

Edited by kris2fer

Hello man, and thank you for this pack. :) Please answer, why i coudn't see icons of plugin in PDN?

Not everywhere but for example in the column "Color" "The Mirror", in columnStylize-seismograph, even where ... Just not yet done, although they do not needmuch! :)

Edited by bozhko91

• 3 months later...

Where can I find the hue and density for standard color filters? For example, if I want to simulate the use of a red 25 filter, how would I set the filter settings in this plugin?

It's very difficult to specify exact settings to duplicate standard filters as there are many variables (for example, camera response and white balance) which can effect the final picture look. Also, some of the standard filters have complex responses which are not possible to exactly model after the original light spectrum has been sampled to the 3 primary colors :(

It's usually best to just play with the settings until you get the desired result.

Having said that, the example you gave, Red 25, is actually easy as it blocks everything but Red - so Hue 0°, strength 100% :)

If you have other specific filters for which you require settings, I probably have that info archived away somewhere at home.

Just let me know which ones you are interested in, and I'll see if I can find it...

ed-sig2.png.3c040e8f8a7b22d05fbfbad8e5ea6994.png

Ed,

Thank you very much for your prompt response, and for the plug-in itself. I'm a beginner and had been playing with the settings, the problem I run into as a beginner is I don't always know what result I'm looking for until I see it (which also means I have no idea what other filters may be of interest to me). Your explanation of the variables makes complete sense to me, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a more scientific approach that may streamline my approach. I'll just keep learning by doing!

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Hello Ed,

I am new here and have looked through a lot of help topics and find nothing on where to put a .PDB file or even what it is?

Thanks for the awesome effects. I was wondering when I download this file where does the .PDB file go? I would appreciate some enlightenment :)

• 2 months later...

Does the zip file contain dll files? I extracted the zip file and it only contains a pdb file?

Edited by Kayreeed Caliburn

I have the same question as above, why is it just EdHarvey.Effects.dll and EdHarvey.Effects.pdb? Is it more convenient this way or is there some other reason? (The plugins do work, though)

Also, don't know if it's because of it being just two files or if it's supposed to be like this, but should the effects have no icon next to them or is that only for me?

Attached file is a screenshot showing some effects without icons.

post-87027-0-14287400-1352891723_thumb.p