How to Install Plugins ×

Ed Harvey Effects v 5.0 (2022-12-24)

Ed Harvey

6 hours ago, skyone said:

"Patched" ... in this case, Paint.NET v4.3 changed the way it loads this specific plugin in order to make it compatible with other "under the hood" changes (specifically, the migration/port to .NET 5 and 6). There were no fixes for other things that are effectively broken, like high-DPI support, as that is beyond the scope of what can be achieved at this layer. Getting it to load at all was the achievement here.

• Like 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Ed Harvey changed the title to Ed Harvey Effects v 5.0 (2022-12-24)

At long last I managed to find time to update things and (hopefully) fix all the accrued UI issues 🙂

There is no new functionality, but some effects (mostly distorts) have been converted to use the current PdN effects UI rather than their former custom UIs.

(This should reduce the need for future breakages)

The latest version of the Ed Harvey Effects package is available here:  EdHarveyEffects.zip

• Like 3
  • Hooray 2

ed-sig2.png.3c040e8f8a7b22d05fbfbad8e5ea6994.png

21 hours ago, user.by said:

Can we use some plugins, not all, i mean i wanna install some plugings. Is it possible?

Not unless the developer changes the way they download at the moment.

9 hours ago, DynamoKnight said:

I've downloaded the Zip and placed them into the Effects folder, yet it still doesn't show up on paint.net. 

I tried renaming the files, but they don't do anything?

Can you see them in your Effects Folder like this:  (Although the Common.dll is not needed now.)

ed-s.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

6 minutes ago, BDP said:

EdHarvey.Edfects.Common.dll is not in the zip I just downloaded, Pixey. Am I missing something, 'cos they work fine without it

Yes, it's no longer needed.  Mine was probably there from before.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

On 12/27/2022 at 10:46 PM, toe_head2001 said:

These plugins require Paint.NET v5.

You'll either need to install the v5 Beta, or wait several weeks (not sure when) for the official stable release.

I added a note to the first post about this requiring PDN5

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Vitrious

Hi there, I'm new to this forum and was using your plugin pack and find it AMAZING, but this specific feature I REALLY love. What does it actually do? I googled Vitrious but couldn't find anything that talked about image processing. 

43 minutes ago, Snug said:

I googled Vitrious but couldn't find anything

vit·re·ous
/ˈvitrēəs/
adjective
  1. like glass in appearance or physical properties.
    "a coarse-grained rock with much gray vitreous quartz"
    • (of a substance) derived from or containing glass.
      "the toilet and bidet are made of vitreous china"

30b8T8B.gif

On 1/19/2023 at 7:11 AM, Snug said:

Hi there, I'm new to this forum and was using your plugin pack and find it AMAZING, but this specific feature I REALLY love. What does it actually do? I googled Vitrious but couldn't find anything that talked about image processing. 

TBH it's been soooo long since I made it (about 15 years ago😲) that I have no memory of why it is called that! 

Knowing me, it was probably a 'placeholder' name because I couldn't think of a descriptive one, and I never got around to thinking of something better 🙄

I just had a look at the code to refresh my memory of what it does, and it's kind of tricky to explain..... (hence why I couldn't think of a good name)

very simplistically, it increases the brightness of the hue selected and darkens the color on the opposite side of the color wheel. BUT, it does this in a way that is somewhat non-linear, so the results are rather 'non-intuitive'.

Basically you just play around with the controls and it does odd things to colors 🤪

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tuckeroo said:

Just wondering if this is the proper place to request some extra "shapes" in the halftone plugin. I would love to see a spiral shape and concentric circles shape please. Is that a possibility?

Thanks

Sorry, No... not in the current implementation, as this deals with small, repeating, cells.

Theoretically it would be possible to create an effect like that but it would require almost a complete re-write 😔

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ed Harvey said:

Sorry, No... not in the current implementation, as this deals with small, repeating, cells.

Theoretically it would be possible to create an effect like that but it would require almost a complete re-write 😔

Okay. Thanks.

Edited to add: Maybe an idea then for another plugin. I like those spiroglyphic pictures. 🙂 

Edited by Tuckeroo

• 6 months later...
59 minutes ago, jgk381 said:

where the dots gradually increase from small to large across the page.

Perhaps you can try Vanishing Trails Plugin :) 

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif