La Pazz

Ok, so I've been using paint.net for a few years now. I have a friend I want to recommend it to, but I'm not sure about one thing. He wants to get a photo editing program that he knows will work with this thing called a "La Pazz". It's basically a little drawing pad that hooks up to the computer. I've been to their website and it says it works with most photo editing programs like photoshop, or illustrator. But When I tried plugging it into my laptop and using it with paint.net open it didn't work. Is there something special that needs to be done with the settings on paint.net to get it to work?

Here's a link to the product description I read if that helps http://www.yourtechplace.com/storefrontprofiles/processfeed.aspx?sfid=124923&i=245357733&mpid=8774&dfid=1

Edited by Sydpart2

In theory, your drawing tablet should work just fine with any program, since it should work just like a regular mouse (but with a pen instead of a trackball/laser). You should be able to draw lines with no problem. However, in Paint.NET, you will not get the same pressure sensitivity function as you do in some other programs such as Photoshop. As of Paint.NET version 3.5, pressure sensitivity has been removed from the program (if I recall, it was due to the fact that it was very haphazardly implemented before and is going to be released again sometime in the future). All your lines will be the same thickness and opacity if you choose to use Paint.NET to draw. If you need an image-editing program that has pressure sensitivity, I point you in the direction of The GIMP, a free program which is somewhat confusingly laid out, but has a more extensive set of features.

Edited by Crimson

In theory, your drawing tablet should work just fine with any program, since it should work just like a regular mouse (but with a pen instead of a trackball/laser). You should be able to draw lines with no problem. However, in Paint.NET, you will not get the same pressure sensitivity function as you do in some other programs such as Photoshop. As of Paint.NET version 3.5, pressure sensitivity has been removed from the program (if I recall, it was due to the fact that it was very haphazardly implemented before and is going to be released again sometime in the future). All your lines will be the same thickness and opacity if you choose to use Paint.NET to draw. If you need an image-editing program that has pressure sensitivity, I point you in the direction of The GIMP, a free program which is somewhat confusingly laid out, but has a more extensive set of features.

thanks man

Another alternative is to download Simon Brown's "That Other App" plug-in, which when ran, will take you to another program that supports pressure sensitivity. You could use the GIMP (shudders) or ArtWeaver (which seems to be fairly initutive to use, and more closely mimics Photoshop than the GIMP does).

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.