centralized means for plugin distribution

The problem I forsee with adding a link to the Plugin Index is this: suppose someone, God forbid, Google, comes and offer Rick something he cannot refuse, then it becomes Google's brand of Paint.NET. Now, say, that Google decides to revamp the entire system, and then the link to the Plugin becomes useless. Or suppose this server that the forums is on crashes and the staff are forced to move it to an entire new server again. That would mean a release of new Paint.NET to address the issue. I think it's far easier to simply code the link to Plugin to a redirector page, which then in turn would direct the user to the correct address of the Plugin section. The redirector is quicker to edit and easier to maintain than to code Paint.NET and release it.

Ok now this is just getting kind of silly. What if a ghost :ghost: is elected President of the United States and makes HTML illegal on Thursdays and Fridays?! We're toast!

The original post has already been answered (by me), let's stop pulling linky hack ideas out of hats. I'm not going to be adding a link anywhere to the Plugin Index; not that I dislike it or anything, it's just unnecessary. Paint.NET plugin installation is already Known Awkward and the solution is not a bandaid but a complete revamp. Just please be patient for the v4.0 release.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg