Ideas or somethin : )

I can't excactly say I'm entirely new to PDN, nor am I very experienced, however. I started out learning most of the the program myself, then recently (couple months ago) discovered this site and tried out some tutorials. I didn't get everything right but I pretty much did ok with those.

So!

What I'm asking for is perhaps a challenge that a 'semi-newbie' can handle. I'm just looking to test my skills, see what i can do, and perhaps learn some useful skills along the way. Remember, I know the basics, a few advanced things, but not so much the super-advanced things.

All ideas are appreciated! :wink:

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

Well I did get an idea for the background, so heres the finished version. :D

HERE

Yeah, I used a lot of ideas from the tutorials :)

As for the media visual thing, it doesn't look much like the first one... but its interesting. Thanks for the ideas! :)

Original

wmp1.jpg

My Recreation

wmp2.png

Nice, I did a really complex one, actually touched it up in photoshop, looked almost the same as the original, but I can't seem to find it on any of my computers.

One thing about the bliss is the line from the night sky and the grass, kind of messy, not real important, just something I noticed. an easy way to outline it is to take the line tool, then curve it to match the curves of the line, then paint above it and select then fill in background, maybe blur 1 or 2 pixels on that edge too.

ravennm3.png

Lol ^

And yeah, RaveN, I saw that too but like I said I sort of rushed it cause I was about to leave for something so, yeah : P

As for the musical image thing, ehh didn't do so great on it but I like it anyway : P , and I'm not too fond of photoshop so... yeah :\

Also, you'll notice I didn't line it up even close to the original. That's cause I was just messing with styles to see what I could do to make each part look like it. Something... ^^

I was going to do a radial blur on that frosted glass wave looking thing to give it that curvy-ness, but even 1 px messed it up too much... so I didn't do that o.O

Hey Raven, I found your visualization remake in the "Pictorium"...you know that place where people post stuff they made in PDN. I like how you again posted something in the PDN forum and tried to pass it off as 100% PDN (notice the lack of a desription??), when more than likely(considering its you!) it was done mostly in Photoshop...

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=10937#10937

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Barkbark00, I have 3 problems with that remark:

1. That's very harsh and cutting.

2. You're making assumptions without sufficient input. RaveN has only posted one PS image thusfar, as far as I'm aware.

3. You should check dates. RaveN's Vis re-make was posted 8-11-2006. RaveN announced the acquisition of PhotoShop nearly a month later on 9-04-2006.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

CMD, maybe you missed this...

Nice, I did a really complex visualization, actually touched it up in photoshop, looked almost the same as the...

If you look at the post in the "Pictorium" he says nothing about "touching it up" in PS. That admission alone is justification for my comment.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

There's nowhere, however, that says that the post in the Pictorium is the one to which RaveN was referring. RaveN said he was unable to find the visualization on his computer, not on the forum. I myself make many images in other programs for my own use, then lose them in my complex folder structure (you know, with folder names like thing, thingy, and thing2... :wink:).

Anyway, here I'm a moderator and I'm the one leading the topic off topic :roll:.

Regardless, there is never any "justification" for being rude.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I did a different one in paint.net and touched it up in photoshop to make it look more real.

And I didn't say anything about touching that one I posted in pictorum, I didn't even know how to use photoshop then, I just got it like the begnining of this month.

Sorry to bring this back, I don't like being accused of something like that.

And most of the implications you have made so far are all wrong, at least the ones about me.

And for the record, I have only posted ONE thing on these forums that I have done in photoshop, the rest is purely Paint.NET, so please keep those mean and negative posts to yourself.

Also, if you are really up for a challenge, try recreating something from a battery visualization, or something from itunes visualizations.

I personally feel that recreating those brings out all my skills in paint.net.

Sorry for bringing the negativeness back once again. Just my input, seeing I was being attacked.

ravennm3.png

I think I'm going to try to recreate another battery thing ^

This time i'll take more time to get it better-like. :)

Ok, so I decided to do a simple one for practice... and I was way off as far as thickness of the lines go... (I think it sucks, but my friend says otherwise).

Original:

wmpa1.png

Mine:

wmpa2.png

I think it is very close. To get that lined effect, try doing this, kind of hard, and you can do it a lot easier, but you won't get the same effect.

Make a new document i pixel high and 2 wide, color one pixel black and keep one white, then on your recreation, make a new layer, photo flood fill it with that small 1x2 document and then adjust your blending mode to get those line like effects.

ravennm3.png