SAC # 1 Discussion POLL IS UP !

Possum Roadkill

Guys, I have the majority of my entry done, but it still needs more features. What I'm asking is, does anyone here know any good tuts or have any good techniques for creating a lively star background? Like, one with a few colors & some circular glows? Please let me know if you do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Personally I would find Possum`s method very time consuming and difficult to get much depth to the starfield. I think using Noise works best for this. It`s just how you use it that matters. For the larger,nearer stars his method would be fine though. A combo of the two works best I think. ;)

This a a great tut for starfields and a good read as well-

http://www.webdesign.org/photoshop/articles/make-a-realistic-star-field.3811.html

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Possum, why are there only 4 days to vote? That hardly seems fair. Then what ends up happening is someone gets 10 votes while everyone else get 1 vote or none! We were given 2 weeks to work on this, so why not give the voting period more time to average out? Perhaps a week or so?

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

Possum, why are there only 4 days to vote? That hardly seems fair. Then what ends up happening is someone gets 10 votes while everyone else get 1 vote or none! We were given 2 weeks to work on this, so why not give the voting period more time to average out? Perhaps a week or so?

I usually have it open for three days. I'll leave it open for four and take a look at how the votes go. If it looks like I'm getting some votes, I'll leave it open.

I mean , I could extend it another day if you guys think there will be more votes come in.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Well, we were given a lot of time to make some pretty good entries (I'm not just talking about mine), and not a lot of members are always noticing when a new comp is being voted on, so why not leave it open for another couple days?

It's kinda' pointless to dismiss an SAC competition with a 4 day vote. There are a lot of good entries. Some even look comparably to photoshop projects.

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

Winner is A Fleeting Glimpse, runner up is Goonfella.

AFG if you would please PM me the theme for the next Space Art Competition. Congratulations gentlemen, and to all of you who entered. The next competition will start as soon as I have the theme set.

Thanks to everyone who entered and everyone who voted.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE