Trouble with adding picture over picture

Hi, I am new to Paint.net and so far, I dont use it for much. I would like to get into it some more but its so hard to use I find. I do need some help and a few pointers would be great! I am making something for someone and I need help. I have no idea where to start! I do have a few pics, I will include them to give and an idea on what Im looking for. The idea is the "rasta" smoke all in the background with the music notes all around it with the name "Millz" in the middle or somewhere and in the bottom left hand corner, the name "Urban Smoke Records" would go. I have tryed and it came out a mess. I will I had what I did to show you. So if you can help me and point me in the right direction to the right tutorial, i would LOVE it. Thanks you

Paul

post-73761-127233569809_thumb.jpgpost-73761-127233569083_thumb.jpgpost-73761-127233571479_thumb.jpgpost-73761-127233548961_thumb.jpgpost-73761-127233548258_thumb.jpgpost-73761-127233549911_thumb.jpgpost-73761-127233570476_thumb.jpg

Edited by mapleleafworks

dont hate what you dont love

The rules of the forum specifically forbid soliciting for work - so no one here is going to do this job for you. We should be able to point you to tutorials and tips that would allow you to do this yourself.

Before we start, please read the Rules, specifically numbers 23 (no soliciting) and number 6 (thread titles must be specific). Your thread title is too generic, please edit your original post and overwrite the thread title with something more specific on what you're trying to achieve.

Once you do that we'll be happy to give you some pointers.

The rules of the forum specifically forbid soliciting for work - so no one here is going to do this job for you. We should be able to point you to tutorials and tips that would allow you to do this yourself.

Before we start, please read the Rules, specifically numbers 23 (no soliciting) and number 6 (thread titles must be specific). Your thread title is too generic, please edit your original post and overwrite the thread title with something more specific on what you're trying to achieve.

Once you do that we'll be happy to give you some pointers.

I have done that and re-edited my post. Sorry for that, I truly am

In the top menu:

Layers > Import From File...

Using this will bring each image in on its own layer.

thats all fine, but when I try to blend the one picture on the same background as the original picture, it goes all dark or it covers the original picture

mapleleafworks,

A good starting point is to know what size and shape

(pixel dimensions) you want the finished image to be.

Also, do you want the background to be black or white,

or a particular color (light or dark?)

The smoke and text elements can have their black or white

backgrounds removed with the Grim Color Reaper plugin.

Grim Color Reaper

mapleleafworks,

A good starting point is to know what size and shape

(pixel dimensions) you want the finished image to be.

Also, do you want the background to be black or white,

or a particular color (light or dark?)

The smoke and text elements can have their black or white

backgrounds removed with the Grim Color Reaper plugin.

Grim Color Reaper

dude. That plugin worked GREAT. It did what I wanted to do. Thank you so much. When I'm done the picture, Ill post it so you can see

heres the thread with the pic I posted

I still need to add a few things like music notes which i forgot about until now..but this will give you a idea on what I was going for. Anyways, THANK YOU so much for giving me that plugin. it worked like a CHARM!