Paint.NET v3.5.5 is now available

Uhh no. You're asking me to undo almost everything I just did for this release.

SP2 isn't even supported by Microsoft anymore. I announced I'd be doing this months ago on my blog, so no one should really have any claim to surprise.

This allows me to cut down my testing by many hours per release, significantly reduce the download size (as BB mentioned), and is a stepping stone to removing XP support completely so that I can use OS components only available in Win7/Vista in Paint.NET v4.0.

And given the amount of bandwidth I'm chewing through with Paint.NET, it is worth it. Go talk to your IT admin and have them install SP3, or ask them to let you install it yourself. It's been out for 2 years already -- I refuse to be the one paying for your outdated IT policy when I'm giving this away for free.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

HI Guys!

I would like to upgrade paint.net 3.5.4 to 3.5.5 but i give this error message :

Product: Paint.NET v3.5.5 -- Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: _577D73A5_8502_4A32_A3DC_26C3DEF80357, location: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\SetupNgen.exe, command: /install DESKTOPSHORTCUT=1 PDNUPDATING=0 SKIPCLEANUP=0 "PROGRAMSGROUP=" QUEUENGEN=1 További tájékoztatást a súgóban talál a következő helyen: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Adat:

0000: 7b 46 30 45 32 42 33 31 {F0E2B31

0008: 32 2d 44 37 46 44 2d 34 2-D7FD-4

0010: 33 34 39 2d 41 39 42 36 349-A9B6

0018: 2d 45 39 30 42 33 36 44 -E90B36D

0020: 42 31 42 44 30 7d B1BD0}

I try to upgrade windows 7 an xp sp3 . I use msi install with GPO.

Can you help me?

thx Drag

SP2 isn't even supported by Microsoft anymore. I announced I'd be doing this months ago on my blog, so no one should really have any claim to surprise.

I didn't realize that reading your blog was a requirement for using Paint.NET, although I do periodically try to go through it every few months.

SP2 is still supported by Microsoft, and will be through 13-Jul-2010. Hopefully my IT department won't leave us high and dry after that date... There's rumours that we might get Win7, which would be nice...

And given the amount of bandwidth I'm chewing through with Paint.NET, it is worth it. Go talk to your IT admin and have them install SP3, or ask them to let you install it yourself. It's been out for 2 years already -- I refuse to be the one paying for your outdated IT policy when I'm giving this away for free.

A junior developer doesn't get to tell the IT department what updates to install, so I end up being the one paying. I do understand your reasons, but that doesn't really help me :P

As for your bandwidth requirements, have you thought about setting up a mirror system so that others can donate bandwidth?

Hello.

I recently upgraded to the newest version of Paint.NET, and I'll say it's very clean-looking and wonderful, but one thing I've noticed is that I don't get pen pressure anymore. :c

My pen pressure still works on other things, such as MSN handwriting, but not on Paint.NET.

It used to work on the older version that I had, and I really miss it. Is there any way to get it back?

Pen pressure has been removed since v.3.5 due to reasons I forgot. Rick couldn't be bothered to further include it as it seems to be a boring and complex programming effort that gives everyone a headache (?).

No way to get it back. It could come back with v.4.0 or later, so the only option you have is to wait.

Rick couldn't be bothered to further include it as it seems to be a boring and complex programming effort that gives everyone a headache (?).

Umm, that's hardly the right way to state why it was removed. :roll:

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Frontcannon, you post does seem intended to paint Rick in a bad light. Just remember that Rick does provide this program free of charge, it's not like he has an obligation to bash his head against a coding wall for us.

Hey, I'm not angry at Rick for removing this feature or in general, the statement that caused this trouble was a -bad- guess.

As I recall implementing pressure sensitivity was somehow getting more and more problematic so Rick removed it to save himself from unneeded and unwanted hassle.

Hidden Content: family-unfriendly?
Plus, I was a little drunk that night.

I've noticed that when you edit a layer name it is copied into the clipboard. Why??

Edited by Frontcannon

Doesn't rule number 30 apply to that post?

Same as post above, family-unfriendly.

Hidden Content:
30) Never post after drinking any sort of alcohol-containing liquids, those who do will be banned, as well their email and IP address.

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

That rule doesn't exist.

The layer name gets copied to the clipboard because, for some reason, that's what the Windows Vista+ text label control does when you double click it. Won't be an issue in PDN v4+.

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I really love paint net, it is really good to make pixel art, BUT I can't install anymore!

I try so many times, but again repeat the same error, can I has some help?

2vv6wkz.jpg

kvrd1.jpg

I try instal an old version but appears the same error

I try update my network version but appears again the error

AAAARG I really need help

I really love paint net, it is really good to make pixel art, BUT I can't install anymore!

I try so many times, but again repeat the same error, can I has some help?

Read this thread carefully: PROBLEMS WITH INSTALL UPDATE OR UNINSTALL? READ THIS.

Once you have worked your way through that thread, and if problems persist, post your problem in the Troubleshooting section.

Thanks!

Request: Is there any way we can get rid of the drop shadow around the image area? I was editing some images that had thin black borders, and it about drove me crazy not being able to see them.... Does anyone really need an artsy "effect" like that in a production environment?

Why does every effect have these three obligatory dots? (Smudge... | Dents...)

Was that a spontaneous design decision back in the early days or is this just the way you do it in the graphic business?

The ellipsis indicates it is a configurable effect. That is, it shows a dialog. Effects that don't have a dialog, such as Auto-Level and Invert Colors, don't have it.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!