Damaged/Corrupted PNG After Saving

I'm using Paint.NET V3.5.5 Beta Release build 3.55.3762.38843 in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit with .NET Framework 4.0. When I save an image with transparency as PNG on the Save Configuration windows the "Preview, file size" switches between "computing:" and "computing: 100%" without ever stopping. Then when I save the file and try to view it I get a "Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because the file appears to be damaged, corrupted, or is too large." Opening the file through IE shows a broken link image (the red x). When I try to open the PNG with Paint.NET I get "There was an error opening the file."

I have tried this with the latest stable release as well as the latest beta.

Any suggestions?

Are you sure that you actually changed the file type to PNG? Maybe you left it at PDN.

This option is below the filename in the "save as" dialog box.

Definitely changed it to PNG. It seems like this is a bug with the newer version of Paint or a problem with Windows 7 as I wasn't having this problem with Windows Vista.

ok, it looks like there was a problem with the original file. I ended up doing a copy and paste and starting from scratch and it worked. If you guys are interested in reviewing the original file to try and fix a possible bug let me know and I will upload it.

Thanks...

• 12 years later...