How To Print Same Size As Image

Hi all,

I have been using paint.net for years now but am really quite a beginner when it comes to much of graphic design etc. In the last few months I have had reason to print various things to use as templates as well as CD & DVD covers and am at my wits end. When I print the print rarely comes out to be the exact size of the image and I just don't get it???? Any guidance would not just be appreciated but will save my sanity not to mention the planet, a lot of wasted paper and ink ; )

Thanks in advance

"One way or another this darkness got to give."

Thanks for the reply Sarkut, I haven't tried the plug-in yet but was assuming there was some setting ie. dpi or other that was the problem. Being somewhat obsessive when it comes to fixing a problem this is making my brain hurt! Also there are other programs I print from and this fix seems is specific to Paint.Net. It all seems so simple and basic, size the image and print, perhaps this isn't a graphics related issue but one related to my HP 7280 printer settings since the same problem occurs when printing from other programs such as XnView, thank goodness I am using a CIS ink supply.

I have had success on some occasions especially using the "Print Cover" feature from Ashampoo Burning Studio but even that doesn't always work.

Anyway thanks for the reply, I will give it a shot.

Okay, perhaps it is a problem w/ Paint.NET or my settings. Trying to print to an Epson R200 yields the same results but if I print to either printer from XnView set to "Size" DPI the print comes out correctly sized. So I need to check the settings in Paint.Net or perhaps install the previously mentioned plug-in.

Well it seems as though Paint.Net does not print the same size print as the image, at least not without more manipulation than I can do. This is very disappointing as I have tried various other programs in days past and kept coming back to PDN but this is a deal breaker for me.

Other than this issue its a great program and I really appreciate all that has gone in to it, thanks to all involved!