Medieval's Gallery

Medieval

Nice and welcome to the forum.

I will save barbieq some work and say this:

Always work at 4x your final size and resize down later. Optional is a Gaussian Blur of 2. Also, be sure to keep everything in layers and save a .pdn file.

Nice and welcome to the forum.

I will save barbieq some work and say this:

Always work at 4x your final size and resize down later. Optional is a Gaussian Blur of 2. Also, be sure to keep everything in layers and save a .pdn file.

I use pgn. Is that ok? I just flatten it at the end. Also made a new one!

Yes, png is the best. But lets say your final size is 800x600, resize (Ctrl-R , Image>Resize) it to 3200x2400. Do everything, save as a .pdn file to preserve layer information (just incase you wanna edit later), flatten, and resize back to 800x600. This looks much smoother and I recommend doing it- it is a healthy habit for multi-core processors ;) .

Welcome to our wonderful Pictorium Medieval. :)

I hate to be a raincloud but according to the rules you cannot attach pictures for your Gallery in the Pictorium. You can however use a hosting site like Photobucket, Imageshack, or Tinypic.

Welcome to our wonderful Pictorium Medieval. :)

I hate to be a raincloud but according to the rules you cannot attach pictures for your Gallery in the Pictorium. You can however use a hosting site like Photobucket, Imageshack, or Tinypic.

Thxs. Where should I go to then?

Medieval, welcome!

You know what CSM725 said? It's absolutely true. Many of the tutes tell you to flatten at the end. I learnt not to do that because if you've missed a step or want to change something like colour or position, it is sometimes hardly possible.

You will learn what works best for you. This system worked best for me & may others too. Be aware though that working in such large file sizes some of the settings in the tutes will not be correct & sometimes it will take forever to do a render or effect. Bit like an ad break on TV - go make a coffee or the bed or start the washing up. BE SURE to SAVE often - sometimes working on such large images you may run out of memory & the system will crash & you WILL lose EVERYTHING that was not saved. PDN does NOT do background saves. That's why we have CTRL + S ;)

Love to see some work from you. Once again welcome!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012