Sign in to follow this  
welshblue

Trail Plug-In 3D Text

welshblue    562

Thanks Sarkut, much appreciated mate ... it's nice to give a lil' bit back for all the things I've learnt over the years

To show it works the same with gradients ...

textagain.jpg

0(-.-)0    0

Yay! Its up! Very nice. I am excited. I didn't know the textures worked like that with trail.

Also, it'd be neat to try lighting effects on the text by having one pixel of the shade colour on the edge of the object you want to trail.

Thanks for the tut!

LFC4EVER    4

Whoa.. there is so much potential for this effect. I never even knew pyro's Trail plugin existed until this tut. Thanks welshblue. :)

welshblue    562

Thanks MonkeyFace, LFC' and Goon' ... it doesn't have to be text ( I've somehow started making a sort of city scape  :/)

And thanks Pyro' ... I thought it didn't look right ... sorted

Edited by welshblue

The minute I saw how you used Trial plugin, I knew it would make an easy glass text, and it's not as hard as people think. Thanks for using my rose picture as a possible use for the tutorial. It deeply moved me to see it. You're a great friend, Welshy.

HELEN    335

Great tut result! I'll try it out after I download the plugin (I probably won't post my horrible attempts). Thanks for using my image. It looks so awesome!

Goonfella    214

Well here`s my first go and , surprise surprise, it a space pic! I never realised how good this plug in was at making 3D text. Thanks for telling. :)

The only problem with this one I guess is that the text is a bit dark on the left. Should have added another star there . That would probably have done the job.

th_Space3DText.jpg

csm725    7

Top-notch. Before you released this tut, I knew you used the Trail plugin; and I also saw the potential of it as a text maker.

Back on topic, brilliant tut.

welshblue    562

Thanks Lance', Helen, Csm' and Goon' ... glad you guys enjoyed it, and hopefully will find it useful.

Nice job Goon' ... maybe a bit of white drop shadow under the text ?  But it's all trial and error ... about 2 hours of my life was wasted before I was happy with my 1st result  :/

Just showing how it can help to make things more 3D.  Some of you may remember the stilsons I made ...

stilsontrail.jpg

Here's my attempt, I hope it looks alright. I originally had a logo I made, and then decided to give it a makeover. :D

With some special effects added afterwards. boltbait.tongue.png I know it got a bit pixelated around the edges. Neat, quick tutorial to follow.2r46ik3.jpg

RedFalcon    0

I worked on some of the previous logos, and they came out even better...

10x1-AFC-Championship-3D-ViewSouth.png

10x1-NFC-Championship-3D-SouthView.png

And at this one, I added some shadows...

wj9y83.jpg

Plus, my favorite brand.

dra1ch.jpg

Once again, many thanks!

Edited by RedFalcon