Pixel Competition #3 - Voting has ended!

Rubrica

Voting  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win?

• Frontcannon
    • jerry533482
    • Sarkut

Voting is over!

OK! Voting's up, it seems we have enough votes. In joint second, we have Frontcannon and jerry533482 with one vote each! So, in first place, with 8 votes, one of which was from Frontcannon, we have, of course, Sarkut! Sarkut, congratulations, and get working on our next theme!

Deadline: 30th of April, 2010

After a long hiatus, welcome back to the Pixel Competition, as hosted by me and as sponsored by all those cute little pixels on the site. The theme this time is recreation; no, not as in having fun, but as in re-creating a piece of art. You must choose an image, no bigger than 150x150px, and, whether simply tracing over it, or just using as reference, you must pixelise this image. A border is not required, however you may add one should you so wish.

Rules

- Entries made before the contest are allowed, only if they were made a maximum of one month before, to keep your skills around the same as they are now. As well, if it has been entered into any Paint.NET forum contest before, it cannot enter this contest. Finally, it is encouraged that you make some slight modifications.

- Images must be no larger than 150x150px, and must also be larger than 25x25px.

- Only one entry per person.

- Layers are allowed.

- Partial and full transparency is allowed (I used to frown on this, however I have since been persuaded)

- Any inspiration and stock (not that you're likely to be using stock images) must be linked to or otherwise given credit.

- MS Paint may NOT be used, I'm afraid. I know you could in competition #1, but you can't this time.

- The colour picker is allowed.

- No cheating! Naturally.

With that, I don't believe there is any further need for discussion, however if there is anything you wish to say, please move it to the discussion thread. It can be found here.

Edited by Rubrica

This one is a shot of a young Afghan girl somewhere in a refugee camp (barbed wire in the background).

I think it's a beautiful picture.

So.. here's my entry. It's just 150*150, but it still took me more than 1 and a half hour =O

afghangirl.png <-> afghangirlreal.png

Original

This took me about an hour because getting the selections, the web, & the gradients to work right took forever. Spider-man 2 was the best spidey film and this is one of my favorite posters from the series (it was also used for the game, which is also the best in the series), so I figured I'd pixelize it & submit it for the contest.

the original:

spidey_01_1600_resized.jpg

vs

the pixelization:

spideypixelized_feathered.gif

the full size original came from spiderman.sonypictures.com:

spidey_01_1600.jpg

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

• 2 weeks later...

Hm. Entries have closed, unfortunately... I don't think I should extend the deadline any further.

Images must be no larger than 150x150px, and must also be larger than 25x25px.

I'm sorry. If it weren't for that, I'd allow it.

OK, so, I'm going to keep the voting open for a while longer. So far we have, um... two votes.

Using a poll would maybe result in a more active.. voting process.

I agree. Maybe I'm stupid, OK yes I must be stupid because I can't figure out how to vote on this comp. All other comps use a poll. Not to tell you how to run your comp, but it is somewhat confusing as to how to vote.

With that said, very impressive entries. I cannot even fathom how you guys do this! I consider myself as not being too bad at Paint.net, but I could not do this. I'm just blown away with how you guys can not only work on such a small image, but to get so much detail using only the pencil tool. Wow !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Sarkut FTW! I took a Art History Class so I have an appreciation for that stuff now. Plus, his just turned out great.

HeartSigSmall.jpg

Sarkut FTW! I took a Art History Class so I have an appreciation for that stuff now. Plus, his just turned out great.

Ditto, ditto & ditto!

Not to mention that Sarkut is a real sweetie - always so helpful!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

OK! Voting's up, it seems we have enough votes. In joint second, we have Frontcannon and jerry533482 with one vote each! So, in first place, with 8 votes, one of which was from Frontcannon, we have, of course, Sarkut! Sarkut, congratulations, and get working on our next theme!

Way to go Sarkut! Well done! Congratulations!

Well done too Frontcannon and jerry533482!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you very much! :) I like the monocle emote, did you make it yourself?

EDIT: Never knew we had new emotes on the new forum! Nice! :monocole::smile: There are only two "o"s in monocle though; the code for the emote I just used is monocole.

Edited by Rubrica