Plugin Functions

Math functions

I believe these are the math functions available in CodeLab using the var=Math.function_name(parms) type of function call:

Abs, Acos, Asin, Atan, Atan2, BigMul, Ceiling, Cos, Cosh, DivRem, Exp, Floor, IEEERemainder, Log, Log10, Max, Min, Pow, Round, Sign, Sin, Sinh, Sqrt, Tan, Tanh, and Truncate

And there are two constants: Math.E and Math.PI

I found these in the ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll file in the Paint.NET folder while looking for a function for e to the power of x (which is Math.Exp). Details of these functions and constants can be found as an Excel spreadsheet in the attached MathFunctions.zip file.

I believe these follow the rules of allowable functions for plugins. Hope it helps

Bhag

MathFunctions.zip

Edited by bhagwanchi

They're not coming from SharpZipLib -- which is a compression library -- they're coming from the System.Math class. You have access to a very good chunk of the .NET Framework from within CodeLab; you should familiarize yourself with its libraries.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

They're not coming from SharpZipLib -- which is a compression library -- they're coming from the System.Math class. You have access to a very good chunk of the .NET Framework from within CodeLab; you should familiarize yourself with its libraries.

OIC. Thanks for the System.Math class link. I knew they were from that class, but I thought they were accessed thru the DLL that I mentioned. I found my function while investigating that DLL so I thought they were IN that DLL.

So the .NET Franework classes are accessed directly from the .NET Framework installed on my computer and not from the main program (Paint.NET) or a DLL that was build or linked at compile time?

It looks like I did not need to collect all that info. But at least it looks accurate as far as it goes.

Bhag

So the .NET Franework classes are accessed directly from the .NET Framework installed on my computer and not from the main program (Paint.NET) or a DLL ...?

Right. You do have access to quite a bit of stuff from Paint.NET as well.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!