A Tutorial For Newbies to Paint.NET

Hillsborough Community College online tech guru tells us that "Paint.Net is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins." Here's the situation and I know I am probably preaching to the choir, but students who check the box 'Full Time' are usually already slammed and need to be up and running pretty quick and this may be the reason they cannot find a link to the tutorial or further descriptions of the plug-ins, etc.

(1) On behalf of all students, where is the link to the Tutorial; while 'Help' and 'Search' are great after you are beginning to get comfortable, in my case I am more comfortable with a searchable tutorial that uses more of a topos means of organization; for example: Chapter 1 - Getting Started which goes into detail about how this software can be used. Newbies especially, need simple terms and acronyms that are defined and this practice cannot be accomodated by a web page because while as front page news it is usually bland information, it is the meat and potatoes of why I visited your site.

(2) Chapter 2 .... "Plug-ins and other compatibilities, etc.

(3) How To ..... Find a file that you would like to experiment with ..... save it here; etc.

(4) The tutorial will provide another way that you can promote your genius, website, self and each other, especially if there are how-to video's embedded in the script. Think about it; won't you?

kmoseley@hawkmail.hccfl.edu

With Paint.NET open, the online Help file

can be reached by pressing F1 on the keyboard.

It [shortcut keys] was 'the way' during the initial research and development phases for the pc and internet and during in the public's beginning [70s] and apparently shall be the way evermore. Thanks for the reminder - I should have known to pay more attention to the shortcut keys descriptions when I saw them listed. Perhaps a short history that describes how these have been and always be the best way to navigate a system, software, code, et al. and the 'what' behind links and commands.

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/KeyboardMouseCommands.html

However, once in Help, step two is becoming familiar with the how the software manipulates all the bells and whistles behind paint.net and the beginning of what I like to call the exploration phase of that which becomes this newbie's conception of paint.net's mission and whether the paint.net mission is compatible with my needs, time limitations or genius.

Step three: involves identifying the plug-ins which I define as a bridge between two entities. Example, windows compatible may mean that there are plug-ins 'bridges' between software very much like the plug-ins between Adobe and Microsoft.

Step four: So here is an 'experiment' for someone who may be also using Outlook 2007: You receive what is described as a video-email which is questionable on many levels;

Step five: Identify components and include appropriate genius in discussion, i.e., identified your 'war room' participants:

Step six: Time has come to to start a new discussion thread which includes examples of product and further defines the topic.