Sign in to follow this  
chrisco97

(Texture of the Week) | Discussion Thread

HA..b#'@*ing HA.. Welshy.. is this what we're in for from here on in? :lol:

really..you crack me up.. :P

regards j.d.

TOTW #8 is now ready for entries! Sorry for the long delay guys, I have been so busy with real life, I haven't had time to do it. I hope you will forgive me. Edited by chrisco97

TOTW #8 is now ready for entries! Sorry for the long delay guys, I have been so busy with real life, I haven't had time to do it. I hope you will forgive me.

Well......OK you're forgiven. Sounds like a great theme for a texture comp. So many things to do, and so little time. I'll try if something comes to me. I have some ideas on an image, but I already have two in the works..... :D

hey people!

Sorry the competition's delay is in part my own, I've also been quite busy!

I have to say, I'm happy to see the response to the theme is as of yet enthusiastic, it was probably one of the toughest decision of my life!

I'm really looking forward to seeing your entries, and good luck to all. Also I would like to point out that this competition should be fair(er) because chrisco denied my request to have the votes rigged in favour of the first user to submit a picture of a shrubbery.

Awesome work everyone! Congrats BarbieQ, very nice golden leaves!

I'll admit I had difficulty choosing who to vote for, but I had a weakness for Olav's very realistically done texture, I think it's worth a tutorial!

Awesome work everyone! Congrats BarbieQ, very nice golden leaves!

I'll admit I had difficulty choosing who to vote for, but I had a weakness for Olav's very realistically done texture, I think it's worth a tutorial!

I agree, it is very realistic.

Agreed, great texture. Very realistic

I should say it's Clouds, Height Field to Normal Map/ or Emboss, Hexagonal Grid (with Bulge?), ASH's tapered line tut' and Bevel Selection

Olav can prove me wrong when he comes back :D

Congrats BarbieQ' ;)

Edited by welshblue

Olav's work is fabulous! A tute would be wonderful.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me. The competition was very stiff. It was very hard to choose a clear winner.

One of the things I love about comps is the way we all interpret themes differently but I hate having to choose a winner.

New theme has been PMed to Chrisco, who by now I hope is feeling much better.

...New theme has been PMed to Chrisco, who by now I hope is feeling much better.

Thanks, I am feeling much better.

Plus, me and barbieq are rapping up a few things, and then the next theme will be up!

Edited by chrisco97

Sorry, I have been sick (Really bad these past few days) And I still am. I will try and announce it tommorow. I know the results from the 27th, so nothing will be changed.

Just so everyone knows, j.d.melek sent me the theme a while back. I haven't had so much time lately. Especially with two specific family members that are possibly dying, and me myself have been sick. I am taking a trip to a nice cold place, where I will get away from it all. I will be back tonight, and I will get it up by tommorow.

Sign in to follow this