Very stupid question

JanB

Friends, I'm a text maniulator, not image. But I have to put this one image header in my blog. My image is slightly too small for the space allowed, and I want to put a border around it (which I'll be able to crop to just the right size on the blog site itself) to hide the ugly margins that show up on the blog with a too-small image. (I did resize it easily, but don't like the result. It got a little distorted, and blurred. The border idea is better.)

The reason I want to just put a border around it is I can do this in Word. You know, something you know how to do seems easier. I did it already, in fact, but couldn't save it as an image, only as a doc or rich text, and thus can't upload it to the blog site, which only accepts images.

Here's the real question, then: Is there any way to just put a border around an image in Paint.net?

I tried drawing a rectangle and filling it, and 'merging' the rectangle and the existing image somehow, putting one behind and one in front, but couldn't even make the rectangle tool work other than directly on top of the existing image, not around it like a border.

Thank you. Sorry to be so dumb about it all! Hope I was clear enough! I attached what I'm calling 'the existing image' which I want to put a band of color around.

Please, change the subject to be something that isn't equivalent to "Question". The low self-esteem stuff is awkward as well (stop calling yourself dumb).

The rules are here, please read and follow them:

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Friends, I'm a text maniulator, not image. But I have to put this one image header in my blog. My image is slightly too small for the space allowed, and I want to put a border around it (which I'll be able to crop to just the right size on the blog site itself) to hide the ugly margins that show up on the blog with a too-small image. (I did resize it easily, but don't like the result. It got a little distorted, and blurred. The border idea is better.)

The reason I want to just put a border around it is I can do this in Word. You know, something you know how to do seems easier. I did it already, in fact, but couldn't save it as an image, only as a doc or rich text, and thus can't upload it to the blog site, which only accepts images.

Here's the real question, then: Is there any way to just put a border around an image in Paint.net?

I tried drawing a rectangle and filling it, and 'merging' the rectangle and the existing image somehow, putting one behind and one in front, but couldn't even make the rectangle tool work other than directly on top of the existing image, not around it like a border.

Thank you. Sorry to be so dumb about it all! Hope I was clear enough! I attached what I'm calling 'the existing image' which I want to put a band of color around.

There are a couple of replies to your question in the other thread you started about this question. Thanks for your question, there are no dumb questions when you don't know the answer. Thanks ! Hope the answers help.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

There are a couple of replies to your question in the other thread you started about this question. Thanks for your question, there are no dumb questions when you don't know the answer. Thanks ! Hope the answers help.

This being the case there is little to be gained from leaving this thread open.

<locked>