Sign in to follow this  
pyrochild

Competition Ideas

Would anyone be interested in an 'Object of the Fortnight' competition?

Basically, every two weeks, you'd just create an object. No background, backdrop, nor scene. (if you really wanted, you could post a second image with a background, but it wouldn't be part of the competition entry).

Ideally, the object would be something without too much complexity in its structure.

e.g. banana, Christmas tree ornament, CD, book, wood sign, mug

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

Would anyone be interested in an 'Object of the Fortnight' competition?

I would be interested in participating.

That seems like a good idea for a competition. Perhaps after the competition, participants could discuss how especially novel results were achieved.

3 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Anyone willing to step forward to be competition host? Toe-head?

Sure, I'm willing to be the host.

7 hours ago, MJW said:

That seems like a good idea for a competition. Perhaps after the competition, participants could discuss how especially novel results were achieved.

I'm all for making it a learning experience. Obviously that would be optional thought; we don't want to make the 'barrier to entry' too stringent.

I didn't intend to propose there should be a requirement that entrants explain how they produced their results.

Is there a reason that the Image Battles were stopped? It didn't require a host, just participants and voters. 

Edited by Woodsy

On 4/29/2018 at 12:32 PM, Woodsy said:

Is there a reason that the Image Battles were stopped? It didn't require a host, just participants and voters.  

People lost interest I guess. When I archived the forum topics for the Battles, they hadn't been active for several years. (A single sporadic post every few months, if that much).

Personally, I never likes the Image Battles, because they typically compared two very different images. An "apples to orange" kind of thing.

If people want to do another type of Image Battle, we can of course create a new one.