Competition Ideas

pyrochild

*cough* Aislin's signature *cough*

Sorry, I'm blind. In a mental sort of way. :P

Edit: Actually, now I do support Aislin's idea.

I would do it, if I had the time. Which I almost definitely would.

Edited by AGJM

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

well I think it would be the best for IF we start this contest, give people a lil more time, lets say, 2 weeks instead of one, because I know how much time it will cost.... lol

everyone is blind from time to time... I forgive you ;-)

Maybe a really daft question, but how long does someone have to be a member before "hosting" a competition? Do you need a gallery first to do this ? or is it open to all ?

ZXCBOoZ.png

Maybe a really daft question, but how long does someone have to be a member before "hosting" a competition? Do you need a gallery first to do this ? or is it open to all ?

I'd like to be reasonably confident that someone is responsible enough to run a competition before letting them do so. It's no fun to enter a contest and then wait 6 months before the host finally gets around to tallying the votes.

Aislin and AGJM you can do your competitions :)

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I'd like to be reasonably confident that someone is responsible enough to run a competition before letting them do so. It's no fun to enter a contest and then wait 6 months before the host finally gets around to tallying the votes.

That's understandable, I will stick around for longer first and then perhaps try to think of an idea, thanks all the same pyrochild :)

btw - why do you hate socks? :D

ZXCBOoZ.png

Pyrochild hates socks because they are EVIL! boltbait.lol.png

That's understandable, I will stick around for longer first and then perhaps try to think of an idea, thanks all the same pyrochild :)

btw - why do you hate socks? :D

You might try entering some of the comps, that is a great way for people to get to know you and your artwork. It also helps to know how the comps work when you participate in a a few of them. Opening a gallery is very helpful, but posting some of your works in the umbrella threads is also a great way to get noticed. It's all about participation in the community. We all have our strengths that we can offer to others to help out.

I think we should all create some snow globes!!! :)

No. If there is anything more evil than socks, it's snow globes. (and maybe British sitcoms, American politicians, and my evil twin)

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

No. If there is anything more evil than socks, it's snow globes. (and maybe British sitcoms, American politicians, and my evil twin)

Hmm. How about my rainmeter concept design idea?

Idea: Surrealist Landscapes.

Sounds good...

Hmm.

I think that would be fun.

It would be interesting if someone tried to convey emotion through this.

How about create your own movie poster it could be for a real upcoming movie or an imaginary one, Paintdotnet the movie starring Brad Pitt as Rick Brewster. :)

And the US gave us Friends ... how evil is that :P

Oh, the horror !

How about create your own movie poster it could be for a real upcoming movie or an imaginary one, Paintdotnet the movie starring Brad Pitt as Rick Brewster. :)

I see these ideas both as themes in a comp more than stand alone competitions. Both are great ideas though. I just don't see them as long term comps. I think that "Surrealist Landscapes" has the best shot as being a long term comp because you would be able to have more variety from week to week. I do think it does deserve further discussion. I can think of a few theme ideas for it already.

I have had Fictional Movie posters on my idea list for some time but have never had the courage to pull the trigger on it for fear of a low turnout. I see it as a photo manipulation comp that could be used several times in different ways, but hard to keep people coming back long term. Hey, I could be wrong though. Maybe that's what we need here to spark more interest in the comps, a few that would run for a few weeks then be replaced by something else. I do have some ideas for it if you want to pursue it. I would also be willing to have it as a theme for the WOTW to see how the response is. If it works out well and there are a lot of entries, then you could spin it off to it's own comp.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TheHower,

I like like the idea for Signature of the Week. I think it would give people another opportunity to show off their work. I've got quite a few piling up from just playing around with the tutorials.

I also like the idea of creating my own evil twin.

SloppySig.png

I agree with Welshie, once you start it you better stick around and keep it going. You get my vote if you're willing to step up and keep it running. I think it's an important comp that needs to be running every week or every two weeks. It was the reason I got into the comps in the first place. I would like to see it run in the same format as it did in the past, but that is really up to you to decide.