Spam Emails From Paint.Net Forum?

Recently after I've started watching specific topics, I've been getting spam emails in a Paint.Net forum format. For example, I got one like this "[men's trousers] New Reply Notification" ( :/ ) and when I click to the link that leads to this forum there is no topic.

Any explanations?

Just tell me if you want me to post the email (as soon as I get another one, i deleted the other ones already, sorry).

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

You mean you wouldn't be interested in Paint.NET branded mens trousers? ;)

Late last night, a spammer made their way through here and made a few replies to popular threads. They must have replied to one or more of the threads you were watching.

When you watch a thread, you will be notified of all replies to that thread, spam or otherwise, as there's no way for it to tell in real time. We delete spam as soon as possible, but we can't un-send notification emails. I apologize for any inconvenience.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

lol there is a simple fix to that don't have the notifications sent to your email just have them pm'd to you. I do believe you can do that by the way.

actually i just checked you can't have the notifications sent by pm but you can watch topics and turn off the email notifications.

Edited by theonlychad

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

You mean you wouldn't be interested in Paint.NET branded mens trousers? ;)

Late last night, a spammer made their way through here and made a few replies to popular threads. They must have replied to one or more of the threads you were watching.

When you watch a thread, you will be notified of all replies to that thread, spam or otherwise, as there's no way for it to tell in real time. We delete spam as soon as possible, but we can't un-send notification emails. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Do I see you to make an order? I need a Paint.net polo shirt, tan or navy blue. Do you have trousers styled like Dockers? I need them in Big Man size...... :mrgreen: Ok, I'll stop. I would like a t-shirt though. I remember something about that a while back. Oh here it is ! Cafe Press And... MORE!

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Do I see you to make an order? I need a Paint.net polo shirt, tan or navy blue. Do you have trousers styled like Dockers? I need them in Big Man size...... :mrgreen: Ok, I'll stop. I would like a t-shirt though. I remember something about that a while back. Oh here it is ! Cafe Press And... MORE!

lol are those even sanctioned by rick? looks like they had a toddler affix the paint.net logo to that hat on the more link page.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"