Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

chrisco97

This is Sig Battles not SOTW. Racerx has conceded to FotoFactory. Limon is waiting for someone to battle her sig. :)

If that's the case, I will enter this, my current sig to challenge Limon. B)

catullangle_zpscwjm3rwt.png

• Upvote 2

BREtKQW.png

• 2 months later...

DrewDale: 0

Limon: 1

@DrewDale, Although I love the colorful and the beautiful simplicity of the design, I have to put my vote in for @Limon. I love the blue curved lines covering the name, and the gears and flowers look really cool together. (By the by... I'm a bit new to the forums, so if I'm doing this wrong please tell me...)(Oh, and please forgive me for reviving what seems to be a dead competition... It's a really cool idea that shouldn't die. :) )

Okay, let me say something.

I like both works, somehow I have to be fair. In this case, I'm treating signatures like shops' signboards. It needs clarity to stand out and showing the corporate identity of the shop.

At the same time, I'm using seven elements of arts ( Lines, Space, Tone, Colours, Textures, Shapes & Forms ) and principles of designing ( Balance, Contrast, Emphasis, Movement, Pattern, Rhythm, Unity )  'penalty shoot-out' to decide the winner. 

Limon%20Sig_zpsavotivg6.jpg

catullangle_zpscwjm3rwt.png

Line (s )- Limon 0 DrewDale 1

Space- Limon 0 DrewDale 1

Tone - Limon 0 DrewDale 1

Colours- Limon 1 DrewDale 1

Shapes- Limon 0 DrewDale 1

Form- Limon 0 DrewDale 1

Textures- Limon 1 DrewDale 0

Balance- Limon 0 DrewDale 1

Contrast-Limon 0 DrewDale 1

Emphasis-Limon 0 DrewDale 1

Movement-Limon 1 DrewDale 0

Pattern-Limon 0 DrewDale 0

Rhythm-Limon 0 DrewDale 0

Unity- Limon 0 DrewDale 1

So, in Elements Of Arts Limon 2 DrewDale 6, and Principles Of Designing Limon 1 DrewDale 4. Speaking about the clarity of the signature, it goes to DrewDale.

So far I give DrewDale a fair winning this time.

Latest results : Limon 1 - DrewDale 1

Edited by Nai

ba2ec8c.png

Limons is pretty cool, the colors and theme go well together. Drewdale has a nice sig too but its too simple. My vote is for Limon.

Limon 2 Drewdale 1

Edited by Wabbit

I think Limon has a very pretty signature. The glass-like letters, the flowers, and the cool blue, it's a good looking sig.
However, I also really like DrewDale's upraised 3D letters, and the way he did the edges they look like shiny metal, while the insides of the letters look like swirls or smears of paint. It's a cool and appealing signature.

My vote goes to..... DrewDale!

Limon - 2
DewDale - 2

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Great job Drew & Limon! Both pieces are really good! I like the color usage on Drew's but the background is a bit plain, still a nice one though! Limon's was a bit more detailed, I especially liked the cog gearing in the background! On to the voting, I went with Limon's for the overall styling of the theme used.

Limon - 3 :trophy:
DewDale - 2

Congrats as Limon is the winner for this round, let the next battle commence! I'll toss this one in just for kicks. :D

inlWf7Q.png

RFX5A1.jpg

Gonna put up my soon to be sig. 100% PDN except for the text which i used an online logo generator. The text is extremely edited though.

Edit: Re submitted cause of the size.

WdtBoEo.png

Edited by Wabbit
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

RFX has a neat sig, I like the green accent colors and the textured holes. However, it looks a bit faded or maybe a white screen was layered over it(not counting the edges, those look good), but I think I would have liked the overall picture more if it had a clear crisp appearance.

Wabbit's sig is cool. I like the text and the effects around the text.

Wabbit gets my vote.

Wabbit + 1

RFX + 0

Thanks for sharing your siggies. :)

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Wow, I almost forgot I entered that battle  :mrgreen: Thank you all for the votes, I feel honoured! 

Both are two really good looking sigs, so it's hard for me to choose. Although I love Wabbit's cool and crisp signature; the text has a very nice icy look, and the rabbit is both spooky and adorable, I have to go with RFX's sig because I think the lighting and texture are a bit more dynamic in this one.

RFX gets my vote, score is:

Wabbit + 1

RFX + 1

Thank you both for sharing your sigs! 

Edited by Limon

Oh, because I am allergic to things I do not want to do. *Cough*

- Michael J. Caboose

• 1 month later...

Oh Good heavens!  These fine artists deserve to be recognized for their effort sooner than in 5 months. Come on folks get the  lead vote out. 

Me? why, I like the Wabbits use of colors and the style of the font.   Though RFX has an intriguing idea.  file033.jpg

Wabbit + 2

RFX + 1

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

• 2 weeks later...

Well, My vote here is :

I like the shape of Wabbit. :)

Wabbit +2

RFX + 1

Edited by Shochi

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:29 AM, Shochi said:

Well, My vote here is :

I like the shape of Wabbit. :)

Wabbit +2

RFX + 1

Soo  would this mean you declare Wabbit the winner (with 3 votes)? 2thumbs.gif

To wit:

Cc4FuzzyHuggles-April 4,

My modest self-Aug 14 & now 

your fine communiqué-Aug. 23   

Edited by Scooter
  • Upvote 1

Scooter

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:20 PM, Shochi said:

Dear @Scooter

you mean the battle is over ?

can i enter with my sig ?

A quick trip back to the first page will revel all (now,doesn't that sound mysterious :lol:); actually it will give you the complete rules of this "game" ;)

As to your questions: yes & yes

• Upvote 1

Scooter

"I enter with the current Signature"!

build:

1) background is a picture of the real sea with manipulation of blur & the sun is Camera Trouser Flare.

2) The Hys ( Hyper spaceship ) object 100% PDN

3) The Horizon is Wingdings and the font is Old English Text.

4) The Animation of the images made on APNG MAKER.

5) All images done on paint.net only.

BS3.png

• Upvote 1