Sign in to follow this  
chrisco97

Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

Sorry :( maybe you could paste the image as it is now onto a larger canvas and just use the rectangle selection to select the bottom part and blur it.

Mottoman  very nice nickel plating on the text.  

Welshblue  A fine alien cord lock for their hoodies-    :P ...........and I don't care a fig about the cut shadow...... tease.gif a grape is altogether a different thing though

Mottoman - 0

Welshblue - 2

cheers_zps84ce3d07.gif

Mottoman I like the metal texture look but it's a little too plain and lacks an eye catcher but is a nice job at what you have. 

Welshblue I voted for your entry in the comp and I will have to give you my vote here also but a demerit on the shadow,lol.   ;)

Mottoman= 0

Welshblue= 3

Now Welshblue let me show you how a pro does it,heh,heh.     :D

I call this the SkullbonzWelshy Sig inspired by Welshblue's recent entries.

sig2-b-500x135_zps8bb9a410.png

• Upvote 1

I will challenge you with my Welshblue inspired sig B)

Untitled2edit_zpsadd724fb.png

Edited by DrewDale
  • Upvote 1

Skullbonz - I don't really see the need for the coloured things on the ends. The middle is also a little dull compared to the nice shine on the spirals. Also a nice metallic text would have worked better too. Its a nice creation and well thought out, but does not need the colours (or the heavy drop shadow around the main body)

DrewDale - The concept here is very good I love the gold and silver combination, I do think the font is slightly over large and the drop shadow cuts off towards the bottom too quickly, but over all you have made a nice creation.

To vote - 

Skullbonz - 0

DrewDale - 1

A tough call, I like them both, but the colours on Skullbonz are a distraction. 

Skullbonz - I like the added colour and the skulls on the end makes the metal parts look shinier, well done.

Drew - Also a great entry but too similar to Welsh's

Skullbonz - 1

Drewdale - 1

Also like the way Skulls text fits the contour of the barrel.

Skullbonz - 2

Drewdale -2

Drewdale has created a smooth, professional illustration. The color pallet is in the same value range so as to not give a jarring look to his creation

--in a quiet aside....... NEXT VOTER, PLEASE!

Whoa this hasn't been voted on in a while, I may as well so the next battle can begin. Both are great pieces as both have depth and metallic textures, 2 things I highly favor. I had to go with Skull's just for the chrome effect on the outer conical portions of that image. It is not an easy effect to pull off but if done right, it looks great!  A round of applause for both Drew and Skulls, kudos you two. :D

Skullbonz - 3

Drewdale - 2

Next batter up. :D

Edited by RFX

Pretty good sigs to be honest, but my vote goes for Chimay. I like it because it is simple and has a pretty neat, yet simple background.

Phenomenal Death, yours is pretty good, but I think that there could be more to it.

Chimay: 1

PhenomenalDeath: 0

Phenomenal: I really like the effect you placed on the individual rays, and I'm a big fan of the Black/Red combo.

Chimay: Very clean and simple. The smoke effect and the zoom/glow on the objects are both very nice.

My vote: Chimay. Both are great sigs, but Chimay's just edges ahead a wee bit.

Score:

Chimay: 2

PD: 0

Both are great, but my vote goes to Chimay. I like the blur effects in the background and the glow on the letters look good.

Chimay: 3

PhenomenalDeath: 0

#winner chimay12321

NEW%20SIG_BETA0.png

I guess I could try...

Edited by Beta0
Re-linking images

Both are very nicely crafted.

However my vote goes to Mike, as his has a solid compact aspect (text-color -"electric flame") to clearly get  his message/name across.

Beta0 your background effects are almost ethereal, very nice.  The text color however, gets lost into the background, losing its value as a signature. Though I do like the font.

MikeRobe           1 

Beta0                  0    

MikeRobe, very cool. Your signature reminds me of some tutorials I've been wanting to try. I love the "cool digital" feel to it.

Beta0, what can I say? I think I'm seeing a bokeh style with your signature, it's shiny, and it's pretty! I'm loving your signature.

I Vote for Beta0, But great and wonderful pieces both of you!

Edit
(thanks nitenurse79 for pointing out to me on how to play.)

The score is now...
MikeRobe - 1
Beta0 - 1

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

@Cc4FuzzyHuggles - Sig battles is not based on the same scoring method as image battles ;) you can only award One entry a point and then update the score. 

So based on your vote - The score is now  MikeRobe -1  Beta0 - 1

OH, For crying out loud! annoyed_gaah_zpsa8b2ccf6.gifCome On People! 

Where are the votes/voters??? Hummm?

Thankfully Nitenurse,  thank-you_zpsea1c35d7.gifdonated her valued time to straighten out the voting; AGES ago (well in a fruit fly's time frame 5a3d6f28.gif)   

Which leads us to MikeRobe and Beta0 deserving some response to their entry's.  

Now before I run further afoul of the rules and "HE" df6884b2.gifstrikes me downlightin_zpsf4063b23.png ,     I'll  close  my rant-et*

.......................................................................................................................................................*smaller than normal rant

dirtkick_zpsba8a6a53.gifBesides just 'cause I want to enter a sig, an' can't  'til these two buffalo's  er  Fine Artists  move on down the road   uh  get their awards   doesn't have anything to do with it.........well maybe just a scouch Angel_zps59bcff5e.gif

Ya know, Scooter, you could have voted to help things along a bit :lol:

Anyway, I'll give it a vote.

Mike: Your sig is very clean and simple, but kinda sci-fi. Very cool.

Beta: I really like the bokeh and the curvy lines, buit your text fades into the background too much.

My vote is for Mike, making the score now: Mike- 2, Beta- 1

Scooter already has voted ;)

Both are very nicely crafted.

However my vote goes to Mike, as his has a solid compact aspect (text-color -"electric flame") to clearly get  his message/name across.

Beta0 your background effects are almost ethereal, very nice.  The text color however, gets lost into the background, losing its value as a signature. Though I do like the font.

MikeRobe           1 

Beta0                  0    

oh contraire mon ami  (aren't I just too continental?) I did cast my vote for this pair. a041677f.gifYepee!  

So in following the rules (well mostly, at least the ones, I like) I am prohibited from casting another vote.  So I am "frozen out" cube-glace_zps1911dc7c.gif so's to speak

But THANK YOU for your vote .......

.........NEXT!

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this