Sign in to follow this  
chrisco97

Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

I agree with Heat and Stone. I love it Axle:) Creative and perfect.

Axle: 3

N00bz: 0

#Winner Axle

I wish to enter this, my first NON-render sig:) Don't expect to win but here goes:

GBsig.png

Camerator 1-0 mattz1996

camerator has a simpler look with the fading and text. i like the text mostly in it though

mattz, too much colour i must say and although the reflection is good, there wouldn't be a shadow at the base where neons meet neon-reflection. that was a bit of a mistake i feel

TOO MUCH render sigs lately and I like to see someone unique sorry chrisco but I like the simpleness of camerator

chrisco97:0

camerator:1

woot!! I now have 2 losses

Edited by N00Bz

@camerator: The colours are not very appealing and it looks rather unrefined.

It looks like the screw heads are just floating there. Also, you could work on anti-aliasing, try working large and then resizing.

@chrisco97: Very nice, my only nitpicks are that it feels like the glow is a bit too bright, and that Venom's left hand distracts from the focal a bit, at least for me. Great effects and nice text.

Vote goes to chrisco97.

camerator - 1

chrisco97    - 1

not needed anymore

I agree with Skullsplitter. camerator, if you fix it up a bit, and make it look more realistic, it will be a winner!

camerator - 1

chrisco97 - 2

Edited by Heat Stroke

Mayor, I like it and it is really good. But it SkullSplitter's sig uses the stock in a more creative way. Plus, I like SkullSplitter's text and border. Great job!

Mayor_McSteeze: 0

SkullSplitter: 1

Mc_steeze: 1 very nice and somehow the purple suits it

SkullSplitter: 1 not too appealing and im not sure which is pdn

Mayor: 3

SkullSpltter: 1

Mayor's has better quality overall. Only thing I'd change is the text location, I'd move it closer to the render.

And so Mayor McSteeze wins.

#winner Mayor McSteeze

gorillalowcontrast.png

Edited by Kemaru

Kemaru: 0

Axle: 1

--

Kemaru, your's is too bright, and I do not like the reflection thing on the left. If you would have entered the other one, you would have gotten my vote.

Axle, nice simple render sig. Only thing I would change is the text placement. As barbieq25 said, move it over about 10 px to the right.

Edited by chrisco97

Axle: 1

--

Kemaru, your's is too bright, and I do not like the reflection thing on the left. If you would have entered the other one, you would have gotten my vote.

Axle, nice simple render sig. Only thing I would change is the text placement. As barbieq25 said, move it over about 10 px to the right.

Pretty much agree with that. I like Axle's text, but it needs to be moved over a little.

[my bad -- 2-0 axle]

Edited by Stone85

I agree with Chrisco as well. Asuming Stone voted for Axle:

Axle: 3

#winner Axle

I will enter:

deadpool_sig_final.png

Edited by Heat Stroke

Chrisco97 - 1

Heat Stroke - 0

Oh wow, this one's difficult. However I think Chrisco97's sig is better because overall it has better depth and lighting, although it is coming from the wrong side. The light source should be at about 45-50 degrees above the render's eye level, slightly behind him as well. Your sig could also manage without a border, though that's just my personal preference.

Heat Stroke, like I said in the RTSOTPAY-thread (or it might have been in the pictorium), you could try using a different approach to enhancing the render. The vignette is really rough and I think that a simple 2px Gaussian blur on the left side would have been better.

EDIT: Oh, and you both need to work on the text placement and on the text itself. Using blending modes is generally a bad idea. Try to pick a bright colour from somewhere in the sig and use that. Most of the time it will fit the colour scheme. A good tip is to find a bright or a vibrant colour in your sig and place it in a dark or an unsaturated spot close to the focal point.

Edited by Kemaru

they're both nice sigs but i have to say that i like 'America' more

Heat Stroke < Chrisco97

0 < 2

EDIT: oops

Edited by Axle

I feel like both of the sigs are really well excuted however the america sig had abit more depth, and better lighting.

Heat Stroke: 0

Chrisco97: 3 ( Look at the two post above me, axle forgot to add 1 )

winner #Chrisco97

Sign in to follow this