Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

chrisco97

Mayor, I like it and it is really good. But it SkullSplitter's sig uses the stock in a more creative way. Plus, I like SkullSplitter's text and border. Great job!

Mayor_McSteeze: 0

SkullSplitter: 1

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

Mayor: 3

SkullSpltter: 1

Mayor's has better quality overall. Only thing I'd change is the text location, I'd move it closer to the render.

And so Mayor McSteeze wins.

#winner Mayor McSteeze

gorillalowcontrast.png

Edited by Kemaru

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Kemaru: 0

Axle: 1

--

Kemaru, your's is too bright, and I do not like the reflection thing on the left. If you would have entered the other one, you would have gotten my vote.

Axle, nice simple render sig. Only thing I would change is the text placement. As barbieq25 said, move it over about 10 px to the right.

Edited by chrisco97

Kemaru: 0

Axle: 1

--

Kemaru, your's is too bright, and I do not like the reflection thing on the left. If you would have entered the other one, you would have gotten my vote.

Axle, nice simple render sig. Only thing I would change is the text placement. As barbieq25 said, move it over about 10 px to the right.

Pretty much agree with that. I like Axle's text, but it needs to be moved over a little.

[my bad -- 2-0 axle]

Edited by Stone85

Chrisco97 - 1

Heat Stroke - 0

Oh wow, this one's difficult. However I think Chrisco97's sig is better because overall it has better depth and lighting, although it is coming from the wrong side. The light source should be at about 45-50 degrees above the render's eye level, slightly behind him as well. Your sig could also manage without a border, though that's just my personal preference.

Heat Stroke, like I said in the RTSOTPAY-thread (or it might have been in the pictorium), you could try using a different approach to enhancing the render. The vignette is really rough and I think that a simple 2px Gaussian blur on the left side would have been better.

EDIT: Oh, and you both need to work on the text placement and on the text itself. Using blending modes is generally a bad idea. Try to pick a bright colour from somewhere in the sig and use that. Most of the time it will fit the colour scheme. A good tip is to find a bright or a vibrant colour in your sig and place it in a dark or an unsaturated spot close to the focal point.

Edited by Kemaru

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

I feel like both of the sigs are really well excuted however the america sig had abit more depth, and better lighting.

Heat Stroke: 0

Chrisco97: 3 ( Look at the two post above me, axle forgot to add 1 )

winner #Chrisco97

omExTE6.png

I'm new around here but here is one I made with Paint.net for a game I play called Air Attack and Raven is my squad. I love this program and all the plug-ins,now i find it hard to get any sleep,lol. But I'll enter this one.

27q-a.jpg

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

skullbonz. well seeing as i know that the skull in the left is not made by you and the large version was my wallpaper years back. not sure what else is made and isn't in that sig but i don't like the way you have multiple images there. try sticking to one 'strong' image.

chrisco. not as great as some others but still nice.

i tend to agree with axle

chrisco- not your best work but good-

skullbonz- the three seperate images are distracting- one cant even tell they are related in any meaningful way- especially with each one beveled before you put them together

chrisco 2

skullbonz 0

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

Gott agree with Axle and Mountnman on this totally.

Skullbonz, you gotta be watchful of what kind of sigs you compete with. For example, it's kind of hard to pit a render sig against an abstract one

Also, try to use more stuff you create yourself.

Chrisco, I really like this one ^_^...I like this better than your current sig, I think

Chrisco97:3

Skullbonz:0

Winner: Chrisco97

Edited by Tarat
brokecarsig.jpg

Axle: Nicely executed however its just a bit to simple.

Chrisco97: Also nicely executed, the render itself seems a bit low-qual though. The colours worked well here

Chrisco97:1

Axle:0

Edited by jerkfight

omExTE6.png

im the opposite

i love the simplicity axle- understated yet ellegant

chrisco, i see nothing wrong with yours - great work- like the "overexposed" kinda feel to it, but i gotta go with axle on this one

axle: 1

chrisco: 1

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

I like the grungy look of Chrisco's sig. Even though I like car sigs better, I dont know how much of Axle's is Paint.Net. It looks like its just a border and text over a stock. I apologize if I am wrong. But my vote still goes to Chrisco.

axle: 2

chrisco: 2

Edited by Heat Stroke

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

Axle, I really like it, except for the fact i don't like then blend mode on the text, and how there is a large gap in-between the A and the X. This makes it seem almost like two seperate words. Since there isn't much to the sig, this is a big factor.

Chrisco, not your best but still good (:

Chrisco: 3

Axle: 2

#Winner Chrisco

Ill enter with my latest:

abstracty.png

Edited by Mayor_McSteeze