Sign in to follow this  
chrisco97

Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

Sfifer: 2 >>> not bad, it's quiet and calm and simple.

yy10: 0 >>> i find it's too big and there is no border (or atleast not noticable). i must also ask if you drew it and if not what you did too the image other than add in the C4D as it's honestly not doing too much

I have to agree with the others. I really like the picture, yy10, but it looks like that's all it is: a cropped picture. Add a border, maybe do a bit of resizing, and some text, and that could look really good. Sfifer, it's simple, and elegant, and I love turtles. xD

Sfifer: 3

yy10: 0

#winner Sfifer

guess whos back :) i see cars is a hot topic right now...i like it

chrisco: its well blended but i think the lines are sorta meh

heat stroke: i like it a lot, nice background and nebula... and its from a game that im excited to get for christmas :P

chrisco:0

heat stroke:1

Chrisco 1

Heat Stroke 2

Chrisco, I really like the feel of your sig, its really nice, color scheme is great as well.

Heat Stroke, Yours is nice, but i don't like the monotone in this case and it seems to be missing something. Not a bad sig at all though :)

wow...two perfectly executed render sigs in an epic contest.

so, time to decide on the winner...(insert drum roll)

Chrisco:2

Heat Stroke:2

my "3" button broke. sorry :P

ok for real this time

Chrisco:2

Heat Stroke:3

Heat Stroke is the winner!

Personally, I find variation in color to be a better choice with render sigs that focus on an object. If the sig is a hazy mess that emphasizes some text well (like Heat Stroke's), a single color works well. Even with color variation, you can make the overall color lean to, for example, orange or red if you wish to, but it isn't always a good idea to set the image to black and white, then give it a single color.

that's my lame excuse for a reason. Good job, both of you!

EDIT: mayor's entry below is exactly what I'm talking about. nice work, mayor!

Edited by pdnnoob

I'll battle with this one. If at once you don't succeed, or twice, or however many times, :P - Try try again!

Sig.jpg

Okay, I like 'em simple :) But I thinks this one's my best so far :)

Mayor: 1

Rachel: 0

Mayor's is just so much more fun to look at. It has just enough effects, and great colours.

Rachel, good sig but it is just too basic compared to Mayor's. Not that it's bad, but Mayor's is better.

I really like Mayor's sig. Awesome job! Rachel, yours is basic, but that isnt allways a bad thing. I dont like it as much as mayor's because of the white glow in the corner. Personally, I dont think it goes well with the rest of the sig.

Mayor: 3

Rachel: 0

#winner Mayor_McSteeze

I'd like to enter with this:

allworksig400W.jpg

It's reminiscent of Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining'(1980)...IMHO, the best horror film EVARRR

Mattz: it isnt your best sig in my opinion, its good, but you can do better. Like MMS said, the render isnt blended real well.

Tarat: I like the style too, and I havent seen a lot of sigs that look like that. The dark spots are borderline distracting for me, maybe lower the contrast a little for the opacity of the dark spots?

Tarat: 2

Mattz: 1

Well, both of you can do better, in my opinion.

Tarat - 3

Mattz - 1

Tarat, you get my vote because of creativity. I like it, but as Heat said, the dark spots are distracting. You did the best of the two signatures. Mattz, I really like the style, but Tarat has the best one here.

#winner Tarat

Edited by chrisco97

Well...

Heat, I love the colors and that effect you always use to make the car look like its driving into the color. This one is NOT an exception. Its great.

N00bz, I like yours too. But I don't like that white block in the middle. It seems to ruin what looks like a really cool background. Otherwise it's great.

Heat Stroke: 1

N00Bz: 0

@HeatStroke: very nice, not as great as your other, similar car sigs because on this one the car has too much of an 'outline'

@NOOBz: not a bad sig, the white looks good as a change from pure C4D but the hair looks silly (needs new hairdoo)

HeatStroke: 1

NOOBz: 1

heat - good sig, but not your best work. the splash of colour overides all else drawing the eyes to the right and if you deliberately look away from that the placement of the text makes it a secondary main focus, its hard, at least for me, to view the sig as a whole

noobs- nice work, but it also shares the same problem as heats, you eyes are draw to one overriding spot and looking at the sig a a whole is hard, i do agree with mattz as to the white covering a nice background

on the whole nice work both of you, but i cant vote for both, and since i am unable to decide from techniques and composition which to vote for, i will go with an abstract idea- when i look at heats sig, while its nice work, its still just a sig; when i look at noobs, i get a inexplicable distrurbed feeling down in my gut, not unlike the feeling i got from playing silent hill for the first time,

and so, for its ability to wring an emotion from me i vote for noobz

HeatStroke: 1

NOOBz : 2

Sign in to follow this