(Discontinued) Weylin's Emporium: Follow/Add me on DA

warfighter67

Thanks! The border around the heart was 'supposed' to be gold, but that didn't work too well. You seem to be a master at making gold. Would you mind giving me hints? I use a metal texture tutorial and just used color tint to get a gold look but it didn't work too well.

Thanks, csm! You may notice in my last image, I forgot to add texture (mainly a glossy look) to my sinking text, so it looks bland, but I love everything else about it (except the gold, too)! I'd have to say the texture of the wood is my favorite on that piece of mine.

Haha wow, I just commented on my own work :D

Thanks! The border around the heart was 'supposed' to be gold, but that didn't work too well. You seem to be a master at making gold. Would you mind giving me hints? I use a metal texture tutorial and just used color tint to get a gold look but it didn't work too well.

Ok, here we have the gold technique but I don't have time for writing the tute. Anyone who'd like to do it for me - drop me a line.

1. Canvas size 3200 x 2400

2. New layer

3. Chose yellow for primary colour

4. Outline of a shape or text - you choose

5. Remember to save often - big canvas - big crash if you don't have big memory

6. Magic wand set to Global or select the inside & outside of the shape. CTRL + I to invert selection.

7. Bevel selection - set the colour to the following:

Bevel so that there is not too much yellow showing, probably about a third. Deselect now.

8. Use Photo & Metallize plug in or you can use Curves if you know what the settings are. Play with the settings on Metallize until you get a look you're happy with. (at this point you could name the layer)

9. Duplicate layer & set to Overlay.

10. On bottom layer run Photo - Glow at default, -32 & 48 respectively. Then run Photo - Soften Portrait default, next slider to the far left, next slider to the far right.

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Nice work, Weylin!

The 'Brothers in Arms' could use a little bit of Drop Shadow - yellow, Blur radius set to 3 or so? on the bottom layer (below the overlay one) This is when you really need to make sure you have saved...& that you have a 3200 x 2400 or so canvas otehrwise the D/S is way too much.

Just gives it that little bit extra on a dark background that kinda prevents it from being sucked up by the darkness - hope that makes sense...need more coffee!

Great work - man you are flying!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Barbieq, using your new secret you gave me:

AbstractGrassPNG.png

Tell me how you think I did.

I used an image of mine, "Kaleidoscope Thing" as the render: http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp180/warfighter67/PaintDotNET%20Gallery/FinishedPowerReactorG.jpg

Pretty darned good!

Did you run a drop shadow on the gold grid? The bevel on the glass looks a bit flat is all.

Also, see how the top right hand side of the horizontal gold grid goes all the way out to the edge? The one below it should too. Select a portion of the line with rectangle select, hold down the control key & move the arrow key to the right. Sarkut's advice to someone. This way it moves the selection but doesn't leave a hole.

That often happens when you bevel - it kinda rounds off the ends.

The fractured effect is great! Fun isn't it?!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012