(Discontinued) Weylin's Emporium: Follow/Add me on DA

warfighter67

I like your spacescapes, except for the Small Solar System. Too crowded.

For the one with the "View from the Moon", I love the textures. But, may I make a suggestion? Try moving the moon texture down a bit so it doesn't mess up the flow. You can do this with Layers > Rotate / Zoom. Mess with the Y and X Pans. That is, if you saved the .pdn!

------

I must say, I love your new sig. I love how you made the background out of something as simple as gradient bars. And the bubbles, (blue cords?) are awesome! I really like the border! The text is a bit off-flow, but it is overall a very good signature. Especially for someone only 6 days into the program! I would give it a 8.5/10.

Edited by chrisco97

Thanks a lot! I think I saved the pdn versions im not sure though.

on my sig, thanks! its nice to hear that considering based on ratings, i suck at sigs. funny thing was that i did the text first, thought it was too empty, and added everything else in after. for the bubbles i just did shape3d on the basic dark blue at 90 opacity. for the cords: make a line 6 width, dark blue. duplicate it. gaussian blur the bottom layer 6 radius, duplicate and blend layers. then photo>glow on 50 brightness and 6 radius with default contrast. then glow again with 10 brightness and other settings the same. then do sin-waves and messed with that a bit.

For the text i pretty much had to manually AA the lighting on the 3D part because it came out crappy. if you looked hard you can still see some errors.

The font is Alpha Sentry in case anyone is wondering.

Edited by Weylin

Thanks! The door was supposed to be like going out to board a spaceship.. there was supposed to be text above the door but I spent so long looking for a texture for the door I forgot and sent it in for the competition :(

Edit: O_O bloody potato! I forgot to make reflection for the door!

Edited by Weylin

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks! I know I got a lot of criticism for it being aliased, but imo that's part of the image. I'm kind of a pixel art fan, or whatever, and I felt that keeping it aliased would give it that antique feel to it. Although I do reckon I could have done better models for the tower bases and turrets.

Thanks! It's nice to hear something good like that!

I'm having some trouble with adding 'depth' to this image. I want it to be like a black hole, where it spirals down to the middle, and the middle is 'bulged inwards' like a black hole.

Any help on how to do it is appreciated :)

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp180/warfighter67/PaintDotNET%20Gallery/SpaceHolePNG.png

New image! credit goes to csm725 for the twist and perspective on the warp gate!

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp180/warfighter67/PaintDotNET%20Gallery/SpaceHolePNG-1.png

Stock: This awesome spaceship.

Easter eggs in image:

weylineasteregg.png

Edited by Weylin