The Forums Are Back! (Post problems here)

I both love this and hate this.

I love it because its slick, and run by the official PDN site. No more adds! Its beautiufully done with great new features. Makes me smile.

I hate it because its change.

Great job.

EDIT: One thing that I think could improve clarity. Could you implement the alternating shades of grey for each post?

Example:

Post1: White

Post2: Gray

Post3: White

Post4: Gray

It helped with the clarity on the original forums and would help here. That might just be me though...

Edited by 0(-.-)0

4501470889_5a71ed4d66_o.png

- Any thoughts? -

No more adds!

Ads will be coming back, although hopefully more tastefully. We have to at least pay for the hosting, after all.

I hate it because its change.

Back in my day we used smoke signals and we liked it!

EDIT: One thing that I think could improve clarity. Could you implement the alternating shades of grey for each post?

What you're asking for is called alternation. Good idea. I'll look into it at some point.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

@ Rick, as someone who has moved a forum from a phpBB forum to an IP forum, I can appreciate the amount of work that went into this effort. When we moved our old forum it was ab absolute nightmare, and it wasn't nearly as large as this one. Good job, you deserve a well earned rest !

Like Mike Ryan's, my gallery is really messed up. Page 1 posts 1 through 4, where I have all my images only display a few of them and the rest are all links and is out of order. I can fix it, so I'm not complaining about it, but what I want to point out to you is on page 3, post 45 the whole thing starts over as if it is the start of my gallery. In this case, it seems that all the images are displayed. :lol: Weird huh?

I'll try to fix it and let you know what happens. :unsure: <_< <_< ;)

Possum, wow, you know all this stuff? All I know is that I love the new clean look. I haven't checked the order of my posts but it really doesn't matter to me since all of my works are on page one & I have had a huge clean out. It wasn't as hard as I thought at all.

Personally, I like to thank everyone involved with setting up the new forum. You all deserve a big pat on the back. It must have been a huge task & I am very grateful. I am very happy with the new forum! :wub:

It will take some time to understand how to use this one but as I tell my students, "Its probably an error between the chair & the keyboard caused by failing to read the screen in its entirety." ;)

Love the new smilies too! :wub:

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Where is the equivalent of a 'View your posts' button?

Thanks.

Click on the drop down arrow on your username (assuming you have signed in). Go to My Profile. You should then see some tabs - About Me - Topics - Posts - & there you are, complete with a scroll bar.

Nifty! :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Click on the drop down arrow on your username (assuming you have signed in). Go to My Profile. You should then see some tabs - About Me - Topics - Posts - & there you are, complete with a scroll bar.

Nifty! :D

Alternatively, there's an actual View My Posts feature that can be implemented, though I'm not sure how. It shows all the recent posts you've made, which threads they belong in, and whether or not the thread has been bumped since your last visit.

Alternatively, there's an actual View My Posts feature that can be implemented, though I'm not sure how. It shows all the recent posts you've made, which threads they belong in, and whether or not the thread has been bumped since your last visit.

Ah, ok, so I hope someone knows where that button is. I've looked :( :blink: :blink:

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I think this might be the button you're looking for:

viewmyposts.jpg

Clicking "Find Posts" brings you to a list of the posts you've made - looks like the most recent 200 posts, at least that's the list I'm getting. It shows what thread each post is in, and it includes the thread status marker (new posts, no new posts, et cetera).

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

You can also subscribe to (or "Watch") threads.

To make this automatic for anything you post in, click your username on the top-right corner of the site, click My Settings, go to the Forums tab, and check "Watch every topic I reply to"

EDIT: So that's why Crazy Pyro Man was logged in :P

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Hello,

just to inform the webmaster i had trouble to sign in the new forum with my old password... my account got locked after some tries and I had to ask for a new password ! I'm sure of my password (I only have one for all forums)so something might have turned wrong with the transfer of my account?

anyway, everything works fine now !

For Rick Brewster : i read your post saying you deleted many users with zero posts : maybe most of them act the way I do : they read and learn but don't post because they find the answers to their questions, and they don't master neither paint.net nor english so they can't help other users ???? besides my paint.net is in french, that makes things even more tough

have a nice easter day !

Whoa. I just deleted all the user accounts that had 0 posts.

There were over 16,000 of them blink.gifblink.gif

man you people are hard to talk to! but i now assume this is why lol.

just in case it isnt... i just registered an account about 24 hours ago, but i couldnt post because everything was locked, and when i went to sign in today it said i didnt exist basicly.

i had to start over and re-register. if i wasnt deleted in the above 16,000 then maybe its a bug of some sort?

pdnsig1r.png

---------------------- Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. - Einstein ----------------------

Your new account just got lost in the shuffle. No bug.

New emoticons ... :heart: :crown: :Warning::fire::game: :robot: :cake::ghost: :apple: :coffee: :present: :cards: :wine: :thumbs-up: :diamond: :thumbs-down: :guy: :rainbow::trophy: :evil: :heart-break: :computer: :star::bug::cookie: :drive-download: :cone: :cutlery: :disk: :folder: :doc: :snowman: :gal: :yinyang: :nuke: :rss:

We'll get the icons from Paint.NET v3.5 added as well.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

While I'm here, a few suggestions: IP.Gallery to eventually replace the Pictorium and IP.Downloads to replace the Plugins section. This would really be a lot sleeker and more intuitive, giving individual plugin authors more control over distribution.

Also, now that we are on a better system I have a new Mod Staff position: Verified Community Leaders. VCLs are responsible for promoting growth of the community by taking on responsibilities such as:

- Pin topics (Sticky posts)

- Manage forum games both in the Alfredo and General Discussion

- Manage the Galleria

- Work as a separate entity (Their own private forum)

Sample suggestions for this position: CommanderSozo (GD&Q), Oma (Pictorium), Simon Brown (Plugins), etc.

They don't have the power of a moderator (they can't ban members, can't lock threads, can't access to the Mod Lounge) but they are verified personnel capable of making actions or replying to questions in more of an official capacity.

I just saw this, thanks for the vote of confidence Mike Ryan.

I've been putting off looking in my gallery, no doubt it's a nightmare. Also, are [hide] tags going to reappear on this forum, or are they gone for good?

EDIT: So, from looking at my gallery (which was in surprisingly good condition), in the second post, my hide tags are intact, bizarrely enough. They don't work though, just show up.

Edited by CommanderSozo

I think this might be the button you're looking for:

Clicking "Find Posts" brings you to a list of the posts you've made - looks like the most recent 200 posts, at least that's the list I'm getting. It shows what thread each post is in, and it includes the thread status marker (new posts, no new posts, et cetera).

Oh, okay. It would still be useful to have a link to that page next to "View New Content" though. You could probably just copy and paste the code from the profile, if you find the template bit.

One thing i noticed is the pinned topics aren't grouped as they use to be. The important pinned topics such as; "HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS/General Plugin Troubleshooting Thread", Icon Plugin Index, Regarding redistribution and copyright of plugins, are not grouped together and placed at the top of the forum. Now there just mixed together with all the other general pinned topics.

By any chance, can I get my avatar back ?

I can't log into the old forum and searching it in my 3TB of data is, erm... no.

Anyway, I'm liking this new forum. There will goes some time to get used to it, but there is a few nice small new things.

Edit: inline editing = WIN.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio