The Forums Are Back! (Post problems here)

Rick Brewster

Attachments are back.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

:thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I think the pinned topics should be more... PINNED. More noticeable. Maybe add a different icon for the topic link?

I suggested this too a couple of pages back in this thread. I totally agree. They were made more noticeable by placing them at the top in their own sub-section. This was done to the most important pinned topics. Now there just scattered about with the rest of the pinned topics.

Is there a mod we can install that will allow us to re-add the "Mark All Forums Read" link on the main forum page?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Is there a mod we can install that will allow us to re-add the "Mark All Forums Read" link on the main forum page?

All the way down to the buttom line on the front page is "Mark Board as read"

Edited by Leif

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Or, you can just click on each Subforum icon to mark the entire subforum read.

signature.png

All the way down to the buttom line on the front page is "Mark Board as read"

Ah! Gracias.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Polls aren't allowed in General Discussion.

Then I think a relocation of certain forum games is necessary. These games rely on a poll system, and from experience it is difficult to manage it over PMs.

signature.png

Then I think a relocation of certain forum games is necessary. These games rely on a poll system, and from experience it is difficult to manage it over PMs.

Forum .... games?!

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I have noticed that if you are not logged in, and you click on Paint.NET Discussion, it will display an error screen saying that I am not authorized to see the forum until logged in, and that is something I found interesting. When we were at Forumer, if I had clicked the link that said Paint.NET Discussion, it would display only 4 sub-forums under that forum. I'm hoping I am making sense.

Edit: Even when I'm logged in, it would say the same thing. I wonder if this is a glitch in the script, IDK.

Edit #2: A suggestion, if you are willing, adding a place anchor at the end of every post to "top" so I don't have to scroll all the way back up to go to another thread. Alternatively, I could just hit the Quick Menu on the bottom left of the thread and select where I would like to go. Just a thought. Cheers!

Edited by Lance McKnight

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

@Lance McKnight: This is a result of how the mod staff have setup permissions. This way, all subforums that deserve to be hidden are hidden while they have special permissions for subforums that should be open.

signature.png

Edit #2: A suggestion, if you are willing, adding a place anchor at the end of every post to "top" so I don't have to scroll all the way back up to go to another thread.

Press the Home key.

KaHuc.png

Forum .... games?!

Competitions.

I have noticed that if you are not logged in, and you click on Paint.NET Discussion, it will display an error screen saying that I am not authorized to see the forum until logged in, and that is something I found interesting. When we were at Forumer, if I had clicked the link that said Paint.NET Discussion, it would display only 4 sub-forums under that forum. I'm hoping I am making sense.

Edit: Even when I'm logged in, it would say the same thing. I wonder if this is a glitch in the script, IDK.

I've noticed this as well. I took a glance at the permissions and couldn't find why, but I'll take another look when I get a chance.
Edit #2: A suggestion, if you are willing, adding a place anchor at the end of every post to "top" so I don't have to scroll all the way back up to go to another thread. Alternatively, I could just hit the Quick Menu on the bottom left of the thread and select where I would like to go. Just a thought. Cheers!
I don't think any of us are comfortable enough with the new forum yet to make modifications to it. The Home key on your keyboard should do the same thing, though.

xZYt6wl.png

Pyrochild, no sweat. The Home key is a good alternative, as suggested by Simon Brown.

I know I already said this, but I totally dig the Post Reply and Fast Reply interface. It is so easy to use and so much like using Yahoo! Mail's interface. *drools*

Okay, I just checked the "Other styles" tag line it seem to be, and may I suggest the removal of the spoiler tag? IIRC, that was a rule that Rick enforced at Forumer, and I would hate to see that being abused.

I can't say enough about this forum already...and the emoticons...it is so similar to dA and to think I almost suggested it a while back... :blink:

Fixed.

xZYt6wl.png

:D

You rock! I got to confess this: I'm not used to you as an administrator, but hey, change can be a good thing.