This tutorial is available as a PDF. Click here to view or download it

bubblestutfinished.jpg

First you'll need to do Chad's concrete tut' ... Click

bubblestut.jpg

bubblestut1.jpg

bubblestut2.jpg

bubblestut3.jpg

bubblestutfinished.jpg

As always, the more work you put into certain areas ... like stretching pixels etc, gives the more realistic results

Enjoy

Edited by Pixey
Fixed postimg links
  • Upvote 2

Holy bloody potato! You're a wizard.

This is truly brilliant. Very impressed. I'm going to make this all sticky.

thanks csm' ... surprising how many times I've used Chad's concrete tut for lots of things that aren't concrete ;)

That's nice pipp' ... in fact, a lot nicer than mine ...

Thanks d.a. ... I'll change the part with Chad's tut to the one he has here. I forgot he'd put it here first.

A wizard ? I dunno about that ... I've been called a few things beginning with 'W' before, but a wizard is a 1st :P

Thanks EER ... I promise never to play around with Blend Modes again :)

My old desktop to show how it look with different colours:

th_screen.jpg

Thanks EER ... there's an add-on in the pipeline to make it more realistic and LIGHT is entitled to their opinion.

Just goes to prove that we're all different in what we like ... although I'd never just jump without explaining why ... if I remember correctly I provided positive feedback on their tutorial, with a way to improve it ... but I digress

Edit - BTW ... thanks Cooltew

Edited by welshblue

how do i insert the concrete into the grey gradient layer?

You don't.

Create a new layer pdn35icons.MenuLayersAddNewLayerIcon.png and place the concrete in that. You could cut 'n paste it to the new layer or alternatively use Layer > 'Import from File': ( More Info )

Awesome tutorial. Now I can make my aquarium scene. Appreciate all the tutorials keep them coming. Thanks.

Edited by hexratt

Very good work Rickhum and Seerose!

Racerx - I love the way the bubbles accelerate as they go up! (more Blender particle magic? - beyond me - looks great!)

Not blender, I used Aviutl (free) to animate the half-bubbles I made in Paint.net. It was easy and took a couple of minutes to make. You can use any png file and make particles with it. Maybe I'll do a tut on it and put a link here if there is any interest. 

Obviously it is a PaintDotNet forum, so must use Pdn, but I would be very grateful for a tutorial.
I only occasionally make animations (I usually use a very old piece of software free from Serif).
A tutorial (with some Pdn use) would be very much appreciated by me atleast! (thanks in advance) ;)

RacerX! Pleace, I would like to have for wallpaper. (1600x900) Really great picture. Thank you very much. rjfnkkar.gif