Hello

I just downloaded and installed Paint.net to my grandson's new Win7 (64-Bit) All-In-One Gateway computer.

#1- I do believe this program will work with Win 7 (64-Bit).

#2- One of my other grandchildren has a Vista (32-Bit) and I wonder if Paint.net will work with his computer as well.

#3- Does this program allow us to capture photos/images from scanner? I clicked on the Scan and it was 'grayed-out.' Coud that be because no scanner was attached. We have been using a Lexmark All--In-One X2250 and wonder if that will work with both the Win 7 (64-bit) and the Paint.net? Would anyone know? (Same question for the Vista computer.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated and apologies for such a long and complicated post, but I/we are unfamiliar with Win 7 and Vista and Paint.net. We had been using PhotoImpact 7 with our older WinXP, but don't believe that will work with Vista or Win 7 (64-Bit).

Thank you.

Alice

Alice, hello & welcome!

The answers to your questions I think are all, yes.

Somebody else may be able to give you a more definite answer.

Looking forward to seeing something from you. Paint.net is such a wonderful program & easy to use. There are a lot of tutorials to help you understand the basics & the not so basics.

Please pop a post anytime...we'll help you where we can.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Coud that be because no scanner was attached. We have been using a Lexmark All--In-One X2250 and wonder if that will work with both the Win 7 (64-bit) and the Paint.net? Would anyone know? (Same question for the Vista computer.)

Well, is there a scanner attached?

It's also possible that your scanner isn't supported. If it isn't, you might have better results with this plugin.

KaHuc.png