Watery Text effect

steveorg

I've been trying to emulate a text effect created by Cool Text logos. I'm after a watery feel and was able to get close by choosing the Chrome One effect with The Boomerang italic font. (To duplicate you can find the font under the Script or Brush category).

Here's what it looks like:

file.php?id=5652

I've tried different ways of using the metallic effect with no luck. Any suggestions on how to approximate the effect would really be appreciated.

28669_bc9e64edcb78b59588a8ac38da7642f7

Thanks Yellowman. That did the trick.

There was one part of the directions that I had difficulty with, but I was able to find a suitable workaround. However, I'd sure like to know how to follow the directions. Here's the part that gave me difficulty: "Use the Magic Wand with Global option ... select the black area, then Invert Selection."

The part that I couldn't figure out was Invert Selection. I tried Invert ("xor") in the Selection Mode dropdown both before and after selecting. That didn't change anything. What am I doing wrong?