Cannot Install (solved: read big capitalized sticky post )

When I attempt install paint.net version 3.5.4 I get the following message:

"The feature that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package

"PaintDotNet_1376172111.msi" in the box below."

I've tried several solutions including repairing as well as uninstalling and reinstalling my .net framework.

Can someone please help me out here?

If you've tried the obvious (and it looks like you have), try this technique of checking (& possibly renaming) the msi file: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=31895&start=0

I have tried all the above but to no avail. Even renaming the file to what it is looking for has not helped. Is it possible to load an earlier version if this continues to have issues?

Also, after executing the executable the file created in the Staging folder has had different numbers in the file name yet it continues to look for the same file.

Is it possible to load an earlier version if this continues to have issues?

Why do people not read the rules? NO. Don't ask.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

7) You must be using the latest version of Paint.NET, available here. This is a requirement. If you want to stay with an older version then that is your right, but we cannot help you. If you are unable to upgrade, then please post in the troubleshooting section.

So then why not provide a solution to the problem? It is obvious that it says in #8 that you are not going to provide support for an earlier version. I do not want an earlier version. What I want is to have my question answered. But if you are not going to provide an answer and just tell people to read things first then maybe I do need to search around to get an earlier version. Besides which, what makes you think I didn't read it? I asked how to fix the install of the new version. You didn't give it. I then ask if it is unable to be fixed if I should go to an earlier version. I didn't ask for support for an earlier version.

Let me also say that I had no problems with the earlier version, not until I tried to install the update. Now the program does not work at all. Now maybe you should call me a dummy and tell me to find another program to use.

For those that are having these same issues, I finally got it figured out. I couldn't load the program because it was looking for a file that wasn't there. After renaming the file to what it was looking for it still wouldn't load. I then went to the control panel to remove the program and it was unable to do it because it was also looking for the same file. I tried deleting everything I could find related to the program and even edited the registry. Still no good. Then I finally found a program that removed everything associated with the program. It is called Windows Installer CleanUp Utility (WICU). Once I did that I tried reloading an older program I still had on my computer. After that I then loaded the update and it worked fine. I am certain I could have simply loaded the new one after running the WICU, I just wanted to see if it worked with loading the older one since I know that it had worked before.

And that is why I assumed you did not read.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.