Sign in to follow this  
myoriah

3D Alice In Wonderland

Alice In Wonderland just came out in 3D. To be honest I was disappointed with the effects but then perhaps it is because I'm still remembering the great effects in Avatar.

I expected to feel like I was really grabbing for something while Alice was falling down the hole. At the end the butterfly was a nice touch and I almost felt like it was in the theater with me but overall the effects were disappointing.

To be honest to compare Alice to Avatar is like comparing oranges to apples but I still feel like I was ripped off by paying extra to see it in 3D.

Just my two cents worth. Now I'm off to see if the 3D glasses will make my images in Paint.Net look any better. :lol:

Worth going to see...I just couldn't justify paying extra to see it in 3D. By the way several movie goers leaving the theater were commenting about the same thing so it wasn't just me. :lol: Of course after Avatar maybe we are spoiled.

I think the interesting thing about Avatar is that, to me at least, the effects weren't obnoxious and in my face -- they just flowed casually and realistically.

That's what made the 3D great for me in Avatar.

Alice looks amazing, I'm planning on watching it soon, definitely.