How to do "fakes" in PDN?

There are a lot of fakes floating around where a head is photoshopped on a different body.

I wonder how to do that in PDN?

In particular, how one would adjust the skin tones of the head and the body to match without affecting the background?

Any helpful plugins?

Thanks.

You can use the Conditional Hue/Saturation plugin, or just leave the head on its own layer and monkey with the colors in the Adjustments menu.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You can use the Conditional Hue/Saturation plugin

Thanks, I'll look at it.

or just leave the head on its own layer and monkey with the colors in the Adjustments menu.

That will not work since I want the head (face) to stay the same and adjust the skin tone of the body (affecting the background as little as possible).

Well, you can cut out the body from the image and put it on its own layer, too.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Well, you can cut out the body from the image and put it on its own layer, too.

Theoretically yes but in practice, the boundaries between the body skin and the background is not so well defined, particularly in the presence of clothes. The "magic wand" often fails to discern between them and using the lasso is very tedious, prone to errors and the results look bad.

There must be a better way.

Thanks,

Alex.

Take a search for "Cutting out images the EASY way" on searchpaint.net.